kaveh and al haitham

purely based off of a prompt, i just wanted to write this :,)
____

they were fighting again, the two scholars. their voices could be heard even through the semi-soundproof walls of al haithams extravagant house. they were too loud. 

"you..." kaveh said, "you're an imbecile. why did i even agree to start living with you?"  al haitham rolled his eyes. "then leave, who asked you to stay here?" he then smirked, "oh right, you have no place to live. you have no choice, kaveh." his voice became husky towards the end of the sentence. silence followed as kaveh stared into al haithams bright green eyes. a lump formed in kavehs throat.  "you really know how to make me cry." kaveh tried blinking back tears. "well i can say it is a talent of mine." he smiled.

"its not funny, al haitham." kaveh was now sobbing. he sobbed and sobbed, until he was too dehydrated to cry. after, he just stared at the floor. al haitham was just standing there, feeling no pity for his depressed roommate. "i'm going to bed, you can keep crying for as long as you want." he turned around and started walking towards his bedroom. he turned off all the lights, and left kaveh alone with his thoughts and the sound of crickets. 

the next morning, kaveh was gone. he took all of his things and left. 

al haitham continued his morning routine as if nothing was out of place. the only thing missing was kaveh shouting at him for the house keys. "i wonder where he went." al haitham pondered while drinking his coffee. he got ready and wore his elaborate suit. then, he headed off towards the akademiya. he looked around for signs of trouble. (trouble {here}: kaveh) but, he found none. he walked and walked until he reached the library, where kaveh would always be, buried in books. 

but, today, there WAS no sign of him. "now where could he be..." he wondered. behind him, he heard a familiar voice. "what are you searching for, acting grand sage?" al haitham turned around to see nahida, the short white haired archon of sumeru. "lesser lord kusanali..." he was stunned. "i'm searching for kaveh, have you seen him?" he asked, hoping she'd know. why did he care about kaveh so much? "kaveh? who's kaveh? is that one of your friends?" she questioned.

something in al haitham snapped. "what?" he blurted out, "sorry. um... yes, he is one of my friends." nahida looked at him confused. "in the irminsul, there is no mention of anyone named kaveh in teyvat." his eyes widened. "huh?" he questioned. "could you describe what he looks like?" ... al haitham recalled all of his features. his soft blonde hair, red eyes, that smile he always had when he was working. nahida shook her head. "i'm so sorry, but i don't remember anyone like that. as the god of wisdom....." her voice faded. al haithams eyes blurred. his head hurt so bad, it was throbbing. he was about to faint. 

"am i in a dream?" everything around him was white. "please tell me i'm in a dream." another voice, terribly similar to kavehs spoke, "you fool." he could feel his eyes widen. his whole body felt horribly numb. "you're such a fool. you're an imbecile. you're so gullible." tears pricked al haithams eyes. why was he crying? "why am i crying?" 

"am i crying?" 

everything around him faded, revealing his bedroom. it was a dream. he woke up and headed outside his dark room. kaveh was seated on the divan, scribbling something on the paper in front of him. al haithams eyes softened. "kaveh..." he said, to which the soft blonde turned around. "you're finally awake. you sleep like a baby." he laughed. al haitham sat down beside kaveh and asked, "what are you drawing?" kavehs eyes widened for a second. "now why do you want to know what i'm drawing?" al haitham replied, "i just want to know." kaveh smiled, although surprised. "alright, i'll tell you." 
____

hi😘
im here
kind of

anyways, hope u enjoyed reading this i love writing angst now bye!!