xiao

it was a rather chilly day in Liyue harbour. you had just gotten off work and decided to go to wangshu inn, as it was near your house and you were famished from working so much today.

the walk towards wangshu inn was particularly quiet, with a few hilichurl ambushes here and there.... but you just ran away as fast as you could, leaving the hiluchurls baffled as to where you went. you were really tired from running but you still kept walking towards wangshu inn, hearing the distant talking coming from the inn itself.

when you reached wangshu inn, it felt really crowded. all the tables on the ground floor, under the big tree where the inn stood, were filled with people. so, you had no choice but to go upstairs and have a seat near the kitchen with the chef, smiley yanxiao. you gathered up all the energy you had and started climbing the stairs, which had been repaired just recently. as you walked further and further, after what felt like an eternity, you finally reached the top. you walked towards the main door and waved at verr goldet, the boss at the inn. "y/n! its been a while!" tired but able to talk you said "hi miss verr!" you used to come everyday to wangshu inn as a child, and you had heard a lot of stories of the anemo yaksha, xiao. you had grown very fond of him since then.

"so, y/n do you want to eat something?" you nodded while petting the inn dog. "do you want the usual?" you nodded again, while getting smothered in licks from the dog. verr then walked away to tell the chef her order and then came back saying "y/n, you have to go to the balcony and eat today." you tilted your head and complained "but itʼs so cold!" verr looked down and said "i know, i know. im sorry but theres someone sitting in the kitchen tables already." you sighed, defeated and made your way to the kitchen to wait for your food. the food was smelling so good that you would have basked in that smell for a long time, but when you were about to fall, smiley yanxiao picked you up and handed you your plate of tianshu meat. "enjoy your meal" said yanxiao after he ushered you up the stairs.

regretting your decision you walked up the stairs and felt a cool breeze cool your warm face. you blinked a few times and saw a slender, short figure standing on the balcony, looking out to the picturesque mountains that wangshu inn stood in the middle of. he had black and green hair, and he wore clothes as described in the book of yakshas you always read. you also saw he had an anemo vision, and that mask that was there in every single painting of the yakshas you had seen. he had turned around and you saw his yellow eyes, shining like gold in that sunny yet cold day. "and you are..?" you had blurted out. when he tilted his head to the side, you had realized you just said that and put your empty hand on your mouth. "oh im so sorry." he said "i am... xiao. adeptus xiao." you couldnt believe what you were hearing. "im sorry, what?" you couldnt believe you were hearing those words come out of someone who looked like xiao. "now that i told you my name, whatʼs yours?" he had walked up to you by then and you felt like heaven was walking up to you. you had said a few words in gibberish and then said "im y/n..."

"well, y/n. what are you doing here?" his expression was unreadable. it was like one you saw when you were younger. "im trying to eat my meat..." you didnt have the words to speak. "well then, why dont you continue, ill just leave?" he said that but you blurted out "no! its fine, i can eat somewhere else." xiao put his hand on his head, walked up to you and whispered, "you can continue eating, y/n l/n." and he disappeared, leaving nothing but black smoke behind.

how did he know my name? huh? that was all you could think of that night. you could only think of xiaoʼs yellow eyes, his black and green hair. his slender figure. after work the next day, you went back to wangshu inn to try again. walking up the stairs to the balcony, you expected to see nothing, but you saw that same slender figure. "y/n. i see youʼve been thinking of me all night." what?!??!?? "i- um.." you said, not having the words to speak. xiao came to you and made you sit down. "you know, all iʼve been thinking about, all these years, was you." all these years? what? "xiao.. youʼre not making sense." he spoke right after you did. "why would i? i mean do you not remember who saved you from falling off that mountain? do you not remember who took care of you for 10 whole days?" its true, you didnt know who saved you from falling off that mountain, but it all made sense now. "you loved me, y/n. is this what i get now?"

you had nothing to say, you were only staring at the mask on his waist. xiao held your chin and made you look up. "y/n." he spoke silently. you were beginning to tear up. the adeptus you loved, had idolised, for your whole life, he had saved you and you didnt know that he did. "im sorry..." everything was a blur in your tears, you could feel a warm hand around your waist, pulling you in, and then you felt the coldness of xiaos body. he was hugging you. after he did, memories started flooding into you, the warm hands of xiao when he caught you, the cave you both stayed in, and how you cried so hard as you were going back to your parents. all he did for you came back to you. "i...." you cried even harder. you could feel xiao patting you. "its alright now. im here for you."

im here for you.

~

JEGAOHUHGHhouGEHOGHAOHhoaehgueghaoghgaoeohg how did i do this how help hgeighighaghaeo im proud of this one :D alright see you soon!