aether

you always hated when this happened. your parents would fight, and minute after minute, it would always get worse. not being able to sleep, you messaged aether, your best friend, if you could stay at his house for the night. it took him only a few seconds to reply considering he's always on his phone. his reply was a 👍🏻, because he is very dry when texting. when you recieved that message, you immediately started packing a few clothes in your tiny backpack, wore it, jumped out of your window and made your way towards aethers house.

you rang the doorbell and stood very awkwardly until aethers sister, lumine opened the door. "y/n! come in," she spoke cheerily. aether was at the base of the stairs, standing with a smile on his face. his hair wasn't in a braid, making his hair seem much longer than it actually was. he was wearing the black hoodie you gave him on his birthday. "hey" was the only thing he said as he gestured you to come with him to his room. as you walked into his room he asked "i bought [favorite game] for my ps5, do you want to play?" you looked at him and grinned "of course i want to!"

he sat down in front of his big tv and chose the game you loved. he motioned you to sit beside him and handed you the controller. "but i dont know how to play on the ps5! i've only played it on my phone..." pouting, you looked at him and he put his hand around yours. "i'll teach you!" at this point, you were blushing a vivid red, and as aether noticed this he giggled. "ok ok! now start the game" you whined as aether kept giggling. later, he handed you his player 2 controller and after winning against him once, you jumped while sitting down, so excited about winning once against him. "y/n, calm down!!!! you won once!!! not a hundred times!!"

after you calmed down, you realised how tired that little experience made you.... due to the fact that you were yawning every few minutes. "y/n... you've been yawning a lot for a while now, are you tired?" you shook your head while covering a yawn with your hand. "no, im fine! lets continue playing!" aether deadpanned "if you say so," while pressing replay on the screen.

*yawn* "i think im going to go to sleep aether." i said in a half awake state. "oh, then i'll sleep too," he replied while pressing the off button on his ps5. i fell on aethers bed [which was very soft btw] and took his blanket, which i gave him. "y/n can i sleep with you?," i turned to see him frowning. he was in the middle of searching for something, maybe a matress. "i can't find my spare matress." an 'oh' sound came from me and then i nodded. he took a pillow from inside his closed and made himself comfortable beside me.

i had never slept with him, not on the same bed atleast. we've always had sleepovers atleast once a month but we slept on either the floor or in sleeping bags. when i looked at him, aether was sleep, or so i thought. i tried falling asleep but i just couldnt. that moment, as if he had read my mind, he whispered "y/n? are you sleep yet?" i turned around to look at him. "no, not yet." in a second, he slithered his hands around my shoulders and pulled me in for a hug.

"aether?" i asked in shock. it was the only thing i could think to say. "shhh, go to sleep." i nodded. i fell asleep the next minute. "you know, i love you. nothing will change that."

~
i procrastinated this so much.

bye