childe

school au

a chill filled the school. it was nearing the end of winter yet the temperatures remained stable at under 10°c everyday (50°f). students wore jackets everywhere, layering on top of their uniforms. i was bold enough to go to school without my jacket one day. "y/n... you arent cold?" one of my classmates asked me, concerned. i shook my head and continued working on my homework that i forgot to do.

to tell you the truth, i was freezing. we lived in a place where in summer it reached 40°c (104°f). of course i was cold. my fingers were turning blue as i continued writing and writing, an attempt to warm my poor fingers up. a group of boys passed my table, shouting. "what is up with the boys in our class..." i murmured. i looked up at them, annoyed at their antics. i could only keep my eyes on a particular orange haired, very tall boy.
he was childe, one of my greatest friends. we'd always be together when we were in middle school. but now that he's gotten more popular, i feel he's forgotten about me.

"childe~" a high pitched voice could be heard. it was madison, the girl that always got on my nerves. she was clearly a pick me girl who was always with the popular guys in school. on the first day of sophomore year, she forced me to go sit on the other end of class, far away from the only person i've ever talked to. since then, i have made a few friends. i barely talked to them, because they had their own friends. i stared as madison got all up into childes face, twirling her hair and glaring at any girl that came close to her.

"say childe~ do you want to go out today?~~"i wanted to slice her throat off. childe shook his hair. he seemed to be looking for someone around the classroom. "i'm busy today, maybe some other day." madisons eyes went dark for a second. "what are you doing? maybe i can join you?" she pleaded. i was unknowingly looking at childe. finally, he looked in my direction. he stared at me for a whole three seconds before he continued talking to madison. i also continued doing my own work.
________________________________

"say, do you even like madison?" i said. childe shook his head. we were walking home and the cold was getting to me. "enough about her, aren't you feeling cold?" there it is again. "no, not much." i lied. he pouted as he began removing his leather jacket. his prada leather jacket. did i forget to mention he was really rich? "what are you doing?" i stepped away as he moved to rest it on my shoulders. "giving my jacket to you? its a noble thing to do, you know." he sneered.

"but its—"i couldnt continue because childe had put a finger on my lip. "i know you feel cold, just take my jacket." before i could resist, he put it on me. i was still cold considering this was a leather jacket. "you're still cold, aren't you?" he sighed. before i knew it, he was hugging me and i was already feeling warmer. "i swear to the archons childe, what are you doing?" to be fair, he was just trying to make me feel better.
________________________________

"y/n. can i talk to you?" an unwelcome voice. i turned around. "oh... whats wrong, madison?" she smiled and grabbed my hand. she dragged me all the way to the girls bathroom. "this is an unusual place for a conversation..." i mumbled. we stopped walking when suddenly, madison turned around. "what's up with you and childe?" she opened her phone and showed me a picture of us hugging. "nothing. he was trying to warm me up, thats it." madison shook her head. "is that it? then how come you're still wearing his jacket?" she pointed out. "it's still cold, of course." i replied. madison rolled her eyes. "do you have a problem with it?" i asked. she remained silent. "o-of course i do..." i narrowed my eyes.

anyways, it was none of my business so i left the bathroom and headed back to class. it was eerily quiet even though there was no teacher present. i looked around and saw a bunch of girls staring at me, disgust on their faces. someone shouted, "hey haha! its y/n," one of them laughed. "why is she even here??" another one continued. i ignored them and sat in my own seat. next thing i knew, childe walked into the room, a swarm of guys and girls surrounding him. out of all the shouts, the ones i could hear most often were:
"childe, you're dating y/n?!"
"why choose y/n?"
this was the first ever rumor that was spread about me. it was also the most ridiculous.

childe looked fought through the crowd. when he came out, he came and sat beside me, ignoring all the people that followed him. "yes, so what if im dating y/n?" he said as he put a shoulder on my arm. out of all the people i could see, i saw madison. she looked angry, her expression saying "choose me, not them!" typical madison. childe still had his arm around my shoulders. staring into his cobalt blue eyes, i knew he wasn't going to take it off anytime soon. he looked back and winked. he moved closer to me and whispered, "play along."

a second later, i said "yeah... why should i care about what you guys think?" (worst lie ever.) childe smiled when i said that. after the crowd dispersed, we just sat there, in silence. "so... what do you want to do now?" i asked. childe looked at me, his hand still over my shoulders. "whatever you want to do." he took off his hand and rested his head on my shoulders instead. "well... i want to go home now," i said. "then, lets go home." he finished.
since then, we walked home everyday. madison never talked to childe again.

the end💗💗💓💗💗💖💖💘💝💝💞💞💕💕💕💞💞💞💝💘💘💖💓💓
________________________________
hi im back 
its been more than a year since ive started writing these one shots and i am more than grateful for your support. i am so happy that we've almost reached 16k reads.
never have i imagined that i would actually write stuff and get reads for it.

thank you, hope you've enjoyed reading😍😍😍😍🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰😘😘😘😘❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥❤️‍🔥