eight.

Jeongguk stirred in his bed, groaning due to his phone ringing. It would be no surprise if Taehyung was spam calling him to force him to hang out, so he picked it up and decided to get it over with.

"Taehyung, fuck off, it's too early right now," Jeongguk croaked and placed his phone beside his pillow.

"Is that a way to talk to someone?" Ms. Jeon spoke up causing Jeongguk's eyes to shoot open, "Why are you still in bed? It's the afternoon,"

"I stayed up studying," Jeongguk lied, slowly sitting up to wake himself up.

"I got a call about some fight at a football field last week, I didn't get to speak to you because of work. What was that about? Do you not want to study?" An irritated voice came out from the other end, "Stop getting into fights and dealing drugs, focus on your degree and become something."

"I'm not dealing drugs," Jeongguk rolled his eyes, letting them stay up at the ceiling as he chewed on his bottom lip.

"Yes you are, do you think you can cover up the smell that well? I've known all these years I just hoped you'd tell me and stop. Doing drugs isn't a quirky flex Jeongguk, it's bad for you and it's also pathetic. I don't care what kind of reason you give because drugs aren't ever the best solution- don't even try to justify it with me."

"I wasn't-"

"The only thing you should be taking is medication and vitamins, if you take drugs because you need help feeling better then you should start attending those therapy sessions to help you not indulge in this nonsense because you think it's cool!" Her voice raised slightly, but Jeongguk had zoned out.

"You done?" Jeongguk asked with a bored face.

Ms. Jeon sighed, "Your next sessions in a few days, are you ready for it?"

"Yeah whatever,"

"When are your next holidays? Are you thinking of coming home during them?"

"It's when you're on that business trip," Jeongguk replied, patiently waiting for a response.

"Ah I am, but it's only for the first week so you could come-"

"It's a lot of travelling, I'll just come in the next ones I have to go now."

"Okay wait I lo-"

Jeongguk hung up and made his towards the bathroom. As he walked, he noticed that Taehyung hadn't even texted him once which made him suspicious. It had been a week of texting and he was already used to Taehyung's spam.

Just as he was about to text first, Taehyung's text popped up as he clicked on the chat.

Taehyung
Hi
WOW
Fast read ☠️

TaehyungOh wait you fr don't have bitchesI can be ur first one if u let me 🫦

Taehyung
Oh wait you fr don't have bitches
I can be ur first one if u let me 🫦

jk
No