Told you so alternative

Start from the beginning

"Her bed and stuff should be here today" Amina told her husband. She had ordered everything for the little girl.

"Is it?"

"Yeah. What's wrong?"

"I needed to step out today"

"So go out. I'll be home."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah."

"I'm going to run out now so by the time I get back I can help you put everything up. Don't worry yourself. I'll help you, please don't try to do everything yourself. You're not supposed to be doing any heavy lifting."

"I know baby. Go. Be safe, I love you"

"I love you too." Jamie kissed her fore her before pecking her lips.

"Mimma, I'm running out"

"Can I come?" He shook his head kissing her cheek.

" Be nice to mama, you hear me?"

"Yes."

"Good. I love you and I'll be back, okay?"

"Mhm" She frowned, walking away from them.

Once Jamie left Amina went to find Sairah.

"Would you like to watch a movie with me, love?"

"No" she got off the sofa going to her room. Amina followed her.

"Sairah, have I done something wrong?"

"No"

"Did I hurt you? Or maybe hurt your feelings."

"No."

"Then why won't you talk to me, Why don't you want to spend time with me. You only want to do things with papa. It makes me a little sad."

"You're sad?"

"Yes"

"Why?"

"Because I want to spend time with you. Can we play or do something fun? Just you and me?" Amina was trying her best to explain to the six year old that she wanted to spend more time with her.

"Like watch a movie? Then will you be happy?"

"Yes, that would make me so happy"

Sairah stood up taking Aminas hand. They went downstairs to bulk up.

"I can have anything?"

"Yes. You can pick out two snacks" Sairah smiled when Ami walked out of the pantry, she grabbed a handful of fruit snacks and some doritos.

Amina poured her some juice and diluted it with some water before bringing it into the living room. She moved the coffee table and laid a plush blanket down for them.

"What do you want to watch bubba?"

"Mmmm. . . Can I look?"

"Sure" She handed Sairah the remote and she began scrolling through the family movie section.

"That one! I like that one." 

"This? Toy story?"

"No, the ugly green thing"

"Hey, don't call Shrek ugly" Sairah smiled. She just watched it a few weeks ago with her dad. Amina put it on and soon enough Sairah had her head in her lap munching on her snacks.

Seeing her smile and hearing her laugh made Amina so happy. It warmed her heart.

"Did you hear donkey, mama" Sairah cackled at something. Amina has seen the movie tons of times with her little sister, she wasn't really watching it. More so capturing the moments she was sharing with her daughter. .