17. Answers

JungWon's POV, That night.

After SungHoon's visit, Jake fell quiet and sounded asleep. It felt like SungHoon got Jake to do something to be that quiet.

Usually I would hear him call my name but as soon as i checked on him, he was asleep.

I sighed and closed the door to Jake's room, only to turn my head to see Sunoo face to face glaring at me.

I rolled my eyes as I walked past him. "I don't think we should let SungHoon around him anymore."

That made me stop to look at him in disbelief.

"Why?"

"Because it's hurting Jake." I sighed at what he said. I know Sunoo was worried about him, but I don't think he's thinking what he's saying.

"Jake's fine. He just got his memories back. He needed rest."

"But why was he acting like that?"

"I don't know. Maybe he got shocked, I don't know Sun."

Sunoo just scoffed as he faced palmed himself.

"What are you, a doctor?"

"You asked me the question." I sighed before looking down to think what to say next.

"This is ridiculous. I shouldn't have broken up with him." He stated.

"What are you talking about?!" I asked with so much confusion.

"I shouldn't have trusted you."

"What do you mean by that Sun-"

"If you didn't let me break up with him, I could've been the one that makes him happy!"

He burst before he cried collapsing on the floor and curled up his legs to cover himself so no one could see him cry.

I knew about Sunoo and Jake's relationship before we even debuted. The two were only mutuals like 'I like you you like me, we're a happy family' kind of phase.

But not long after we debuted, I caught them once. I don't even want to go through details but I did.

It scared me. Not as a friend but as a member of an idol group. People are always watching us even in our slightest move.

Some even make assumptions and if this came out first, these two were in trouble.

The only reason they separate ways was because of the marriage. Neither party's were pleased with the idea. So nobody had a choice but to let the people know.

I have no idea what happened to SungHoon's side but I figured he had a girlfriend so they said it wasn't serious. It wasn't my business anyways.

We had to tell Sunoo and Jake the news and they weren't pleased about the idea as well.

Jake talked to Ej and he told me that Jake already had a plan in mind but it will affect Sunoo a lot.

And that was breaking up.

The manager thought it was too risky and it could affect on how the two see each other. Especially that they're both in the same group.

People are not dumb in situations like this.

Some were even going on the managers idea.

It was to pretend that they weren't really in a relationship. They're friends and no touching, no lovey dovey stuff which has become normal between those two.

You might think they've been doing this for a long time, why would they suddenly take it seriously?

Our Manager realized the situation and strictly advised the two to take the plan seriously if they wanted to stay together.

If not, either way they break up.

"Now he's hurt because of that Stupid SungHoon."

"Sunoo..."

"It's all my fault." He sniffled.

"No it's not." I comforted him as I knelt down to reach his height.

"I couldn't say anything because I cared about him. About us."

"It wasn't your fault. There wasn't a good option to choose from."

"Why does it have to be him?" It all came as a whisper as he sobbed hard but quieter.

I can feel how much he shudders that he was gritting his teeth.

"I shouldn't have stopped that wedding!"

"Sunoo, that's too much..."

"Him and I could still be happy together!"

"Sunoo, Just Listen to me-"

"If I could've been married to him, we can still be happy now."

"Who's we?"

I recognized that voice. It wasn't Jake's but it was from someone who was still in that same room.

He didn't leave...

We both turned our heads to see Ej on the way between the kitchen and the Living room.

"You're not thinking right, Sun."

"How do you think I should think? When SungHoon the Bad weather, has hurt the love of my life?!"

In between each and every word he said, he came closer to Ej like a raging bull. I had to stop him most of the time to prevent him from hurting himself or Ej.

He stopped just in front of him.

"After almost 2 years, Sun, Jake has moved on from you. No matter how much he was hurt, Jake now loves SungHoon."

There was a small pause, "You can't Change that."

Sunoo then turned to me with his unreadable eyes before turning back to face Ej.

"How would you know how he feels?"

A smirk slipped at the edge of his lips before sighing.

"He cried over a ring, Sun. A literal Ring. Nothing else." Ej started as he slowly walked towards Sunoo as he walked backwards.

"That ring, was their wedding ring." He said pulling out something from his pocket.

"SungHoon told me what Jake had seen. He couldn't believe his ears either." He said as he looked at the object that was on his hand.

He didn't dare to show it to both of us but I know one thing though.

He wasn't holding a ring...

"As for you, Sun. You don't have to worry about Jake." He said as he walked forward then stopped.

With his sly smirk, I can feel all Sunoo's anger in me. I have no problem with this issue but I just feel his anger flowing everywhere.

"You should be worried about how you could move on. That is something hard to accomplish. With Jake living here."

"Are you telling me to leave?" Sunoo said with a scoff.

"I'm telling you to calm down and think about what you were about to do." Ej rested his hand on his shoulder.

"Don't you think it will hurt Jake more?" Ej's question surely triggered Sunoo making him push Ej away.

"You're saying I'm the one who's hurting Jake with my actions." Sunoo said as he smirked at the taller.

"Of course not. But you're planning to," Sunoo's smirk turns into a frown after seeing Ej grin. "Right?"

"Well," Sunoo chuckled, "if that's how it takes to get SungHoon out of the frame," Sunoo turned to face me then snapped his eyes to Ej.

"I'll take it."