Jon and Victoria (Part 1, Jon's POV)

I waited in this stupid coffee shop for the past 20 minutes. Was this woman ever going to show up?

"Mr. Good?"

I looked up and saw Victoria. She was already in her hospital scrubs. She looked beautiful. Even if she looked extremely angry at me.

"You look nice."

"And you don't look like you're having a medical problem."

"Ah, right. That...Yeah, that was a lie."

She looked even angrier. "What is it that you wanted then? My shift starts in ten minutes. I don't have time for games."

"I was wondering that since we had a really nice time after the reception that I could take you out. I'm buying."

"You dragged me all the way here to ask me out on a date? After all I did was give you a ride back to your hotel?"

"That's correct."

"Mr. Good..."

"You can call me Jon, sweetheart."

"Mr. Good, I believe that you must misunderstand this relationship. I was your nurse. And you were a fantastic patient..."

"Ok, what's your point?"

"My point is, that's all we were and ever will be. I was your nurse, you were my patient. That's the extent of our relationship."

"But I was a fantastic patient."

"You were."

"Then I can also be a fantastic guy."

"Oh, geez. Look, Mr. Good, I'm not looking for a relationship right now."

"But if you were, you would choose me, right?"

"I'm leaving, Mr. Good."

She started to walk away.

"Wait!"

She turned back towards me.

"I'm sorry. I...I don't know how to do this, alright? I flirt all the time but I've never really had to impress a girl before. I'm not good at this sort of thing. And I get it. You don't like me. I just, really like you. But, it's fine. I will take your answer and stop trying."

I stood from my seat and walked out of the shop. I found the nearest bar that I could find to drink away my sadness.

Later on in the night, I started to hear men whistle as the door to the bar open. Probably some hot girl walked in. Who cares.

"You know, it has been medically proven that alcohol will kill you. Just in case you didn't know."

I turned to see what girl the whole bar was hollering for.

"What are you doing here?"

"Here to see you drink yourself away. You drink all the time, Jon. Don't you know that it is really bad for you?"

"What do you care? You're just my nurse, remember? Or you were my nurse but I'm not in the hospital anymore so I'm not your patient anymore."

Victoria came over as I was taking a sip of my beer and she set it back down on the bar. She paid the tab and helped me out of the bar towards her car and she she drove me back to the hotel.

"There, safe and sound."

"You're a really good nurse, Victoria."

"Thank you."

She started to stand but I grabbed her arm.

"Thank you, for helping me. I was a real jerk."

She smiled. "It's alright, Jon."

"Hey, you called me Jon."

She laughed. I had never really heard her laugh before. It was pretty. I stood from the bed and swayed a bit.

"Jon!" I heard her yell as I started fall to the floor. She pushed me so that I would fall on the bed. But as I did, I fell and hit my head on the corner of the bedside table. My head started to bleed.

"Here, let me help you."

She reached in her purse and pulled out a first aid kit.

"You carry that around with you, sweetheart?"

"All the time. You never know when you might need it."

Victoria bandaged up my wound and helped me back on the bed.

"Now, no more hitting yourself on the table, you understand me?"

I nodded and I saw her about to get up.

"Victoria?"

"Yeah?"

She turned towards me and I made my move. I kissed her. And she didn't like it. I knew I was going to regret it in the morning for sure. I watched her walk out the door. But I didn't care, I was drunk.