Gone (Colby's POV)

"And you let her leave? Just like that?"

"She had her mind made up the moment she walked in the door."

I was sitting with Jon and Joe at the hospital. Jon was getting better and we were all very thankful for that. He might be able to leave within the next week.

"You didn't go after her?"

"What was the point? She made up her mind to break things off. I could've told her anything I wanted. I could've said that I needed her, that I loved her, that I couldn't let her go but it wouldn't have changed her mind."

Jon sat up quickly in his bed. "You could've at least tried!" He made a painful expression and sat down slowly on his bed. He pushed the button next to his bed. His nurse, Victoria, came rushing in.

"What did you do this time?"

"Can you just get me some ice?"

Victoria nodded and walked out. She came back in and gave Jon the ice pack.

"You're going to hurt yourself even more."

"I know, I know."

Victoria shook her head. "So stubborn."

Jon smirked. "Darlin', you know it is what you like most about me."

"Please, don't flirt with me, Mr. Good. You might hurt yourself."

"And how would I do that?"

"Because you aren't very good at it."

She walked out the door and I could see Jon smile as she walked away.

"You like her."

Jon looked at me. "No. Why would you say that?"

"Because, you do. I just saw the way you looked at her. The way you flirted with her."

"I look at and flirt with a lot of people."

Joe chimed in. "I don't know. I think Colby's right. I think you might have a little crush for your nurse."

He scoffed. "You two are such teenage girls. I'm not into my nurse, alright? She is just the woman who takes care of me. And anyways, this isn't about me. Colby is just trying to avoid talking about Cassie."

"Yeah, and so what if I am?"

"You can't avoid it, Colby. You're going to have to talk about it. And who better to talk about it with than you're best friends?"

"I miss her."

I felt Jon's arm be placed on my shoulder as I looked down at the ground. "I know you do. That's why you need to go to her and win her back."

"I can't just win her back, Jon. I did something that is inexcusable. I made her feel unsafe and terrified. Just going to her house and saying 'sorry I brought back feelings of when you were most scared for your life', isn't going to work."

"You need to make a grand gesture. You know, like you see in all the movies. You need to do something big."

"A grand gesture?"

"Yeah. And we will help you with it."

I looked between Jon and Joe who had excitement shining in their eyes. This probably wasn't going to work but it was worth a shot.

"Alright, let's do this."