Final Chapter

~ Five Years Later ~

"Momma! Momma!"

I picked up Katie in my arms as she ran out the door of the house.

"How is my sweet girl?"

"Good. Uncle Jon and Joe are teaching me how to wrestle."

I don't think I heard that correctly. "They are what?"

"They are teaching me to wrestle. Uncle Jon just taught me how to do a Dirty Deeds!"

I set Katie down. "That's awesome, sweetie. Can you just give me a minute with your uncles?"

"Yeah, sure."

Katie ran off and I tried to keep my cool as I walked into the backyard. Jon and Joe were outside talking to Colby.

"Hey, Jon. Hey, Joe. Katie just told me you are teaching her wrestling moves."

"Yeah, about that..." Jon looked so guilty.

"Jon, I told you. No teaching Katie wrestling moves. She is four years old."

"I know, I'm sorry. She just looked so excited about my teaching her a Dirty Deeds that I couldn't help it."

I sighed. "I really hope you hurry up and have your kid already so you can teach them all the wrestling moves you want to." I told him jokingly.

He laughed. "Just be patient, Cassie. My baby will be born and he will be the toughest baby on the block."

We both laughed and I heard steps coming towards us. I looked and saw the unmistakable belly of Jon's wife. She was eight months pregnant and Jon was so excited. I was so happy they had found each other, even if it was because Jon almost died.

"Jon, are you teaching Katie wrestling moves again? You know how much Cassie hates that."

"I'm sorry, Victoria. I couldn't help it. She was just looking up at me with those big brown eyes of hers and I couldn't resist not showing her at least one wrestling move. Hey, you should be happy that she wants to wrestle. She could be a Diva one day."

"Yeah, we'll see on that, Jon."

Joe laughed. "I don't think these two will want Katie to be a Diva. She might end up dating a wrestler that has the personality of one of these idiots." He said as he pointed to Colby and Jon.

"Hey!" Jon yelled.

"Oh, and you are so perfect?" Colby asked.

Joe shrugged. "Yeah, pretty much."

Jon and Colby shook their heads and looked at each other before tackling Joe to the ground.

"Hey, wait for me!" Katie squealed as she jumped onto the three boys. She landed on top of them and she counted the pin.

"1, 2, 3! I win!"

Katie jumped up and down at her 'victory'. Victoria and I laughed as she celebrated her win.

Colby smiled. "Oh, yeah?" Colby picked her up and Katie's laugh filled the air.

Though Colby and I's marriage had it's hard times, we were happy that we pulled through it. As I looked around me at all my family and friends, I knew I made the right decision marrying Colby that night in the park. Otherwise, I wouldn't have this. I wouldn't have my beautiful daughter, Katie. I would have the love of my life, Colby. And I wouldn't have had the beautiful life before me. What happened with Dylan, that was in the past. Colby is my future. This is my future. And it sure is a good one.