Clues

"Margery, what is this?"

Rose petals covered the floor of the library. Twinkling lights spread across the shelves. It was beautiful.

"Just wait and see. Look around the library. This is the key."

"What?"

"Sorry, that was what I was asked to say. I have to leave now but look around. There are clues in here and you must find them in order to move on to the next place and be able to find out exactly what is going on."

"You're leaving?"

"Don't worry. You won't be alone. I'll see you soon."

She left the library and I was left to find these 'clues'. What was going on? Why was I even still playing this stupid game? I walked around the library searching for these so called 'clues' Margery was talking about. What was I even looking for? This I noticed it. The petals, they were making a path. I followed the path around the library and they led towards the hideaway. That was it. I needed to go to the hideaway. I went back to the desk in the front of the library and grabbed the key and went back to the hideaway door. I opened it and more lights hung in the room and a scent of lavender filled the air. What was this? I looked around trying to find what this 'clue' was and saw my copy of The Giver open on the floor in the middle of the room. I went over to it and picked it up, a note lay on the open book.

'So sorry that I am making you do this but this is the way it has to be. I know you are probably wondering what is going on but don't worry about that right now. You need to be worrying about finding the next clue. The next clue is in the place that you hated the most. It is the place where the bad stuff happened. You got good grades in this building. Hope you know what that means. Head there and someone will be waiting for you at the entrance. Good luck!'

Great, I had to go back there? I set the book down and headed towards my torture chamber: high school.

I walked out of the library and went towards the school. I saw someone standing out front in a tux. As I got closer, I recognized who it was. He still looked pretty banged up but he was looking much better.

"What are you doing here?"

Jon smirked at me. "You look beautiful, Cassie."

"Jon, what is going on?"

"I can't tell you. Just head inside. Your next clue awaits you."

"And where are you going?"

"I have other things I need to do. You should be able to figure it out. Have fun."

Jon left me and I headed up the stairs and headed into the building. It was dark in the building but one light was on and I headed towards it. When I finally reached where the light was coming from, I entered the room to hear soft and beautiful music playing throughout the room. On the chalkboard in the classroom was a clue.

'Glad to see you have made it. Here is your next clue. Go to the place where you were hurting the most. The place where the most violence occurred to you. You were young and someone protected you there. You were bullied. This is also the place where you decided what you wanted to do with your life even though you were only in the fifth grade. Hope to see you make it there. There will also be someone at this location. Good luck, Cassie.'

The playground at the elementary school. It was quite a walk from here so I headed out of the school and headed towards the elementary school.