Future of Wrestling

~20 years ago~

"Cassie!"

Colby came running up to me. Colby and I had been friends for a while now. We were about to go into the 6th grade. We were both pretty scared.

"Hey, Colby." I said as I looked back down at what I was writing.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm writing."

"Is it homework?"

"No, I've decided that I want to be a journalist."

"Really? Why?"

"You know how all those people on WWF who interview the wrestlers?"

"Yeah."

"I'm going to be like them one day."

"You're going to interview wrestlers?"

"Yep. It's my dream."

"Well, you can interview me."

"Why? Are you a wrestler?"

"I'm going to be. I'm going to be champion one day and you're going to have to interview me."

"Colby, are you sure you want to be a wrestler? They get hurt a lot. You might hurt yourself."

"Don't worry about me, Cassie. I told you. I'm going to be champion. That means I will be the best wrestler in the business. People won't know what hit them when I get in WWF."

"I'm worried though, Colby. You could get really hurt."

"Cassie, honestly. You worry way too much. Just imagine it. Colby and Cassie, WWF employees. One is a wrestler, the other is a journalist. We could take over the business."

"Whatever you say, Colby. But if you get hurt, don't expect me to feel sorry for you."

"Cassie, I will be fine. I know I will be one of the toughest wrestlers. I will work hard to make sure I don't get hurt. I'll go to the gym every day to make sure I don't get injured and worry you."

"Thank you."

I hugged Colby and he hugged me back.

"What are you two talking about?"

We both looked over to see Skylar. She was so nice. Colby and I had met her one day. She was sitting all alone. We decided to hang out with her and she became one of our best friends.

"I was telling Cassie about me becoming a wrestler and Cassie was saying that she is becoming a journalist. We are both going to work for the WWF one day."

"Those are just dreams, you guys. It might not happen. I want to be an actress but I know that it might not happen for me."

"It could happen though, Sky. We could be working for the WWF. I know it will happen."

Skylar just shook her head. "Alright, Colby. Whatever you say."

Skylar walked off and we heard the bell ring that recess was over.

"I'll race you."

"Colby, don't. I don't want to embarrass you when you get beat by a girl."

"You're going to beat me? The future of the WWF? I don't think so."

"Let's see then, Mr. Future of the WWF."

"On your mark, get set, go!"

And we started running.