Elementary School

I finally made it to the elementary school and headed out to the playground. When I got there, a red carpet was lined up all around. This was the path I was to walk on. I walked along the red carpet path until I made my way to the old tree that I used to get beat up behind. Joe stood in front of it and as soon as I got to him, he gave me a hug.

"You look so beautiful, Cassie."

"Thank you. What is my next clue?"

"Glad to see you are playing the game now. Margery and Jon said that you weren't too keen on playing."

"I might as well get this over with, right? What do I need to do?"

"Head inside the building and go to the gym. There you will find your last and final clue."

"Thanks."

He nodded and left. I followed the red carpet and it led straight to the school building. I went into a gym and a wrestling ring was set up in the middle of it. Off to the side was an announce table. What? I went more inside the room and a bell rang. What was going on? I heard heels click and looked to where the sound was coming from to see Ashley and Curtis walking into the room.

"What are you two doing here?"

"We're here to help. You are going to commentate this segment. A script is set up on the table."

"Segment? What segment?"

They just laughed and got into the ring. I sat down at the announce table. The script started off with the words, 'just play along'. I flipped open to the first page and it had the entire segment written down and my commentary to the segment. Ashley was up first.

Ashley pulled a mirror out of her purse and fixed her hair in the mirror. Curtis walked over to her, looking angry.

Ashley sighed and threw the mirror back in her purse and looked at Curtis. "What?"

"You know what. You slap me last week and now your boyfriend has a title match with me?"

"And you think I had something to do with it?"

"Why else would he get a title match?"

"Maybe because he is a better wrestler than you are."

I suddenly recognized this script. It was a version of the script of Colby and I's first segment together.

Curtis laughed. "Wow. He is a better wrestler than me? That is the funniest thing I have heard all night. Truly it is. Your boyfriend couldn't beat me even if he tried."

"Look, I'm sorry if you aren't The Authority's favorite anymore. I can't help it if they see you for what you really are."

"Which is?"

"A lowlife scumbag who sells out his best friends."

Curtis laughed. "It doesn't matter what you think I am. I'm winning championships. I'm a wrestler and your boyfriend is just a dancer. I'm the future of the business and in ten years, I will still be here. While you and your dancing boyfriend are dispensable."

He laughed again and Ashley slapped him across the face.

I was so entranced that I forgot to read the commentary. I looked at it and read it aloud.

"Do you remember this, Cassie? This was your first on air segment. It was probably one of my favorites. You did so well. You looked so pretty and I couldn't even believe that I had let you go all those years before. You had been crying before you filmed that segment. I hated seeing you that way. Anyways, your next clue is one I am going to give to you for free. Outside is the limo waiting for you. The driver is going to drive you to the park. There is where you finally find out what is going on. See you there."

I stood from the announce table and said goodbye to Ashley and Curtis before heading outside and getting in the limo.