Chasing Colby

I rushed on to the plane as soon as they said I could get on. After leaving the house, I dropped the cat off at the local animal shelter and packed my things as quickly as I possibly could. I had to see Colby and I had to see him now. The plane ride was the longest ever but it gave me time to think what I was going to say to him. What could I say? I had hurt him.

'Sorry, I broke your heart, Colby.'

Scrap that.

'I know I said it was over but...'

Nope.

'Colby, I am an idiot. I am insane and you should take me back.'

Ugh, why was this so hard! Why couldn't I just explain to Colby that I loved him and that I was crazy to break up with him in first place? Why was that so hard to put into words? What if he didn't take me back? What if I missed the opportunity to be with him? What if Colby hated me? These are the things that surrounded my mind as the plane got closer and closer to Iowa.

I wasn't sure where Colby was at this point and time so I needed to go home, figure out where he was and go there. I needed to also have more time to think of what I was going to say to him. I got off the plane and went into the lobby of the airport. I was about to head outside to grab a cab when I noticed 'Cassie Peters' written on a sign held by a man in a black tux. I went over to the man I had never met before to ask him why he had a sign with my name on it.

"Cassie Peters?"

"Yes, who are you?"

"I got a call saying that I needed to pick you up from the airport."

"Did my parents send you?"

"Something like that, Miss Peters."

"Ok?"

The man started walking and I followed after him. He finally stopped at a limo and opened the door for me.

"A limo?"

"That's what I was told to pick you up in, Miss Peters."

I looked inside. It was gorgeous. But this was also very sketchy.

"How do I know I can trust you?"

"Because I am here." I heard a voice say from behind me.

I looked around and saw Margery.

"Margery?"

"Yes, it's me."

"What are you doing here?"

"I can't say but you just need to get in the limo."

"Alright?"

I got in and Margery followed suit. I looked around and the limo was even more spectacular actually sitting in it. That's when I finally noticed Margery's attire.

"Why are you all dressed up?"

"Again, can't say. Just trust me."

"Ok?"

This was weird. We rode in the limo for a while when it pulled up in front of a dress shop.

"What is this?"

"Just go inside. I'll be here when you are done."

I exited the limo and went inside the shop. What was going on? Why was Margery being secretive? Was she playing a trick on me? I didn't have time for this, I needed to talk to Colby. But I was going to play along for the time being. I walked in and three women greeted me. They immediately started to do my hair and nails. They went back in the back of the shop and put in a dress. I knew exactly what dress it was as soon as the pulled it out of the bag.

"My dress. This is my wedding dress."

"It is, Miss Peters."

"Why am I wearing my wedding dress?"

"Can't say anything, Miss Peters. Don't worry about it. Go, your limo is waiting."

I shook my head and got back into the limo. The limo started to drive off from the store and turned to Margery.

"You look beautiful, Cassie." (...)

"Ok, no more games. What is going on? You have to tell me."

"I can't. I promised that I wouldn't say a word."

"Margery, you have to tell me. I need to know why I am in a limo wearing my wedding dress."

"You're a smart girl. You figure it out." She said with a smirk.

I sighed and thought long and hard about what was going on as the limo drove through town. The limo drove on until it stopped in front of the library.

"What are we doing?"

"This is our stop."

"Why are we at the library?"

"You'll see."

I got out of the limo and Margery followed close behind. Margery started walking and I followed her as we went inside the library. What I saw was something that I didn't expect.

"What the..."