Finding Truth

After the conversation I had with Colby, I asked WWE if they could let me take some time off. They said that I could and I went back home for a while. But home was filled with memories of Colby and I felt trapped. I had to get away and I found myself getting a plane ticket to Ohio. I was now waiting to see Jason and maybe he could help me feel less like a prisoner trapped in my own mind.

"Cassie?"

I looked up as Jason sat down in front of me.

"Hey, Jason."

"What are you doing here?"

"I...I need some advice."

"Advice?"

"Colby...Colby and I...we broke up."

"What? Why?"

"Um, well, he almost hit me. It was an accident. I was getting robbed by a guy in an alleyway and Colby saw it and started beating up the guy and I tried to stop him and he thought I was someone else trying to hurt him and he rammed me against a wall."

"I'm so sorry, Cassie."

"It's, it's fine. I couldn't stand to be around him. He enjoyed it. He enjoyed hitting that man. He says he didn't but you should've seen him, Jason. The look in his eyes. He looked like..."

"Dylan?"

I nodded.

"Well, what it sounds like to me is that he didn't mean to do it and that you are scared of him."

"Yes."

"Cassie, do you know how much Colby loves you?"

"Ugh, not you too. Everyone keeps telling me 'oh, Colby loves you'. 'Colby would never hurt you because he loves you'. Yeah? Dylan loved me too and look what happened with him. Any man can love me and somehow, I end up turning them into monsters."

I stood up from my seat.

"Cassie, you do not turn men into monsters. Dylan...Dylan was my best friend. I knew him even longer than you. I remember what it was like growing up with him. He was psychotic, he got into fights just because he could. Dylan wasn't right in the head. And yeah, Colby used to hurt you back in high school. But do you really think that he hasn't changed since then? Look at all he has done for you, Cassie. He has given up so much to be with you and you have given up so much to be with him. Do you not remember at all what Dylan was like? He got worse everyday. He was a psychopath, Cassie. I don't see Dylan in Colby at all."

"How do you know? You barely even know Colby."

"I know that he tried to find you."

"What are you talking about?"

He sighed. "When Dylan made you move here and live under his rules, he got a notification from one of his friends in the police force if your name was looked up. Your name was looked up a lot. And it was always from the same computer. It was Colby. Colby never stopped looking for you, Cassie. Dylan hated that. He hated that he wouldn't just give you up so he could have you all to himself. It made him angry that you loved him back. Every time Dylan would get a notification, he would get so angry. Dylan was a monster. He always had been. I was just too late to see that. But, Colby, he's not like him. Colby is not Dylan. I know you are scared because every guy you have been with always wants to commit and I know commitment scares you because commitment is the time when Dylan showed his true self to you. But Colby is different, Cassie. He's so much better. I know you don't want to believe me. I know you want to say that I'm wrong but we both know that I am right. We both know that what I am saying is the truth. You can deny all you want, Cassie. You can keep denying because you are terrified but I know and you know what is true."

I broke down into tears and went over to Jason. He held me there for a while. When I thought about Colby and Dylan, I knew Jason was right. My heart was saying that I loved Colby and that he was nothing like Dylan but my head just kept telling me over and over again that maybe my heart was telling lies.