Dreams

"Cassie."

I looked and saw Joe coming towards me.

"Hey."

I tried to act calm but inside of me, I was freaking out. Why did I write that awful thing on my con list? It wasn't true at all. My mind had to be playing tricks on me. Yeah, that was it. It had to be.

"Colby has to stay behind for a while and asked me to drive you to RAW."

"Oh, why does he have to stay behind?"

"Didn't say. But he says he is very sorry for not telling you sooner and that he loves you."

"Ok. Let's go."

I grabbed my bags and followed Joe out to the car. Why did Colby have to stay behind? Was he avoiding me? I put the bags in the car and got in the passenger seat with Joe.

"Road trip!"

I looked out my window to see who had yelled and saw Jon as he loaded his bags in the trunk and climbed in the back seat of the car.

"You need to calm down. It isn't like we haven't carpooled together before."

"Yeah, but it has been a long time. You and Colby have been carpooling together more often now because you are engaged. I feel like we barely see you anymore."

"We just had lunch together yesterday."

"I know but still. It's understandable. You two lovebirds need your privacy."

"It isn't like that."

Jon looked confused by that statement and was about to say something but Joe climbed into the car and Jon shut his mouth. This was going to be a long trip. I could tell.

The trip was awkward to say the least. Which was odd considering that Joe and Jon were some of my best friends. But the trip wasn't awkward because of them. It was because of me. I kept wanting to tell them all my doubts and fears about this marriage but as I would go to say something, I would immediately keep myself from saying a word. I didn't want to put them in a situation where they would have to lie to Colby. I just needed some time, that's all. I was just being ridiculous. Colby loved me and I loved Colby and that is all that mattered. I just needed to take some time to get my brain to realize the truth and then this whole thing would be nonexistent. Colby and I were fine. I didn't need to worry about a thing.

"Cassie, you've been a very bad girl, haven't you?"

"Please, no. I'm sorry."

"It's a little too late for that. you need to be taught a lesson in how to be a good girl."

I felt something hit my face. It was hard and made of metal. Whatever it was, it knocked my teeth out.

"Please, stop." I started to cry as I continued to be hit.

"Cassie, I can't do that. You've been bad."

The person who hit me finally appeared in the dim lighting in the room and I could see their face. I expected to see Dylan but when I looked, I saw blonde and black hair and a dark shade of brown eyes.

"Colby?"

He hit me in the face and I knocked out.

"Ah!"

I woke up. My face covered in sweat and tears. My breath was ragged and I held a hand to my heart. It was pounding quickly in my chest. It was just a dream. It was only a dream. I caught my breath and lay back down on the soft bed. I checked my phone. A couple of missed calls from Colby. He left me a couple of voicemails too. I decided to ignore them. I didn't want to think about him anymore. I just wanted to go back to bed and forget the crazy dream I had. My phone rang and I looked to see Colby show up on the caller i.d once again. I decided that I might as well answer it or he was going to keep calling.

"Hello?"

"Cassie? Are you ok?" His voice sounded very worried.

"Yeah, why?"

I heard him release a breath he seemed to have been holding in. "A hospital called me. Jon and Joe have been in an accident."

I sat up quickly in bed. "What? What are you talking about?"

"A hospital called me and told me that there had been a car accident about an hour ago. It was the car Joe had been driving. I asked them how many people were in the car but they didn't say. I was worried that maybe you had been hurt. I'm on my way to the hospital now. I'm glad to know you are ok."

"I'm fine. I'll see you at the hospital."

He released another breath. "Ok. I will text you the address."

I hung up on him and went to get dressed. Please let them be ok.