30- Novio y Novia

A/N: Here we are! The final chapter! I'm so happy to be here! I've never ever finished a story before! I feel so accomplished!

I'd like to specifically thank Snook6786, who voted on every single chapter, even at midnight!

Thank you all for supporting me! Enjoy!

|🌻-Y/n's POV-🌻|

I woke up the next morning to gentle tapping at my window. I looked up and saw Pico with a note.

'Go to your front door.'

I would be scared, if I didn't know that Camilo is the only one who would use his brother's gift to bring me notes.

I fixed my hair slightly and threw on the first dress I saw.

Of course, I saw mi camaleon at my doorstep, holding something behind his back.

"Buenos días, mi cielo." I smiled.

I noticed his face turn brighter than I expected. He looked away, holding what he had hidden out infront of him.

It was a f/f. A f/c f/f.

"Aw, Cami! You remembered!" I smiled, taking it in my own hand.

"I-I was wondering... if you... um... if I... if we... argh! Can you meet me tonight, by the river, before sunset?"

I blinked twice.

"Yeah! Of course!"

"Really?"

I laughed. "Yeah! Why wouldn't I?"

He smiled. "Great! I'll see you tonight!"

He walked away, practically skipping.

I sighed happily as I watched him.

God, he's a nerd.

|--🦋--|

I sat in my room, looking for something nicer to wear, when someone cleared their throat at my doorway.

"Hey, Val."

"You going out with Camilo tonight?"

"Yeah... How'd you know?"

She shrugged. "Just a guess." She gestured to the f/f. "That from him?"

"Yep."

"Want me to braid it into your hair?"

"Sure." I looked at her. "Why are you being helpful?"

"Because I'm rooting for you two. You're a cute couple. Now stay here. I've got the perfect dress for you."

She left the room and returned with a beautiful f/c dress, with small yellow accents.

"Val, this is perfect! Thank you!" I grabbed her and hugged her, before she could object.

I changed into the dress and let her braid my hair. I put on some light makeup.

Wow. I look pretty good.

"Wow! You look pretty good!"

I smiled. "You think he'll like it?"

She grabbed my shoulders. "I think he won't be able to keep his eye off you."

I smiled. I heard Pico tap at the window, holding a note.

'It's time, mi princesa.'

"Thanks for helping me, Val."

"Anything for my favourite prima."

I laughed. "I'm your only prima."

She shrugged. "Precisely."

I walked out of the house, letting a cold breeze hit me. I made my way to the river.

I gasped. I couldn't believe my eyes. There were candles dotted across the grass and in the centre, stood Camilo, in front of a beautifully laid out picnic.

I put my hand over my heart. "Cami, this is beautiful! I can't believe you did this!" I ran up and hugged him.

"Anything for mi mariposa." He whispered in my ear.

That boy always knows the right thing to say.

"Would you like to sit down?"

"Of course."

We both sat down on a checkered picnic blanket.

"So, why did you invite me here?"

He looked away, his cheeks sprinkled with a light blush.

"Well, mi querida, I wanted to show you something."

"And that something is?"

He looked into the distance. "This."

I followed his gaze and saw the sun setting in the distance. The bright light rippled across the water. It was breathtaking.

"Wow... I've never seen something so beautiful..."

"I have."

I looked at him curiously. I was surprised when I saw him holding a small gift box.

"You."

I looked at him, and then the box.

He shook it slightly. "Open it."

I took it off him and untied the beautiful yellow ribbon. I removed the lid and gasped. It was a pair of gold, dangling earrings with butterflies at the bottom.

"N/n. You are not only my greatest friend, but a kind, beautiful girl who I can never get off my mind. You are too incredible to even describe. So, Y/n L/n, will you be my girlfriend?"

I looked at him.

His gorgeous hazel eyes were wide and hopeful. His face was completely serious and his cheeks were slowly getting redder and redder.

I looked back up into his eyes.

I whispered.

"Yes."

He looked shocked, so I repeated it louder.

"Yes. Yes, yes, yes!" I squealed, wrapping my arms around him.

He fell back, making us both lay on the floor.

"Yes, Camilo Madrigal. I will be your girlfriend."

And so we kissed.
We kissed under the light of the setting sun.
We kissed joyfully, not a care in the world.

Maybe I used to hate this boy.
Maybe he used to hate me.
Maybe we told ourselves this would never happen.

But not anymore.
Now, I love this boy.
And he loves me.
And we can both tell ourselves,

That this is what love is.
And we will never let eachother go.

|🕯-Fun Fact-🕯|
This is not the end of Mi Camaleon.