13- A Night at the Casita

Warning: Some very intense flirting on Camilo's part this time. Later. First he's going to be an adorable sweetheart and still make her flustered.
Also, super long chapter because I already split this up once. If you're mad or upset about it, just think about the fact that I had to scroll for an hour to get back to where I was writing.

|😊-Y/n's POV-😊|

I jumped awake, finding myself in an unfamiliar place. I was laid on a kitchen counter in a kitchen I'd never been in. Camilo was crouched down next to me.

"Good morning, princesa."

I looked around. I tried to lift myself up, but found that my arms were too weak to support me.

"Woah! Just calm down, it's okay. Can you stand?" I nodded shakily, trying to pull myself to my feet. Camilo's arms were extended, offering support incase I needed it.

Just as soon as I managed to get upright, my knees buckled. My vision started becoming blurry as I tried to grab the wall, or anything, really, to stop me from-

Camilo caught me before I hit the ground. He lowered onto his knees and sat on the floor with me.

"S-Sorry," I stuttered, "I-"

"Hey, it's okay. I've got you." Without warning, he slipped one hand under my legs and the other behind my back. He lifted me surprisingly easily. I blushed.

Camilo was skinny. Like freakishly skinny. So how the hell could he lift me up like I weighed nothing? He's not fucking Luisa!

He laid me gently back on the countertop.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Um, where are we?"

"Right, you've never been here. This is my house!"

"The Casita? Why am I here?"

"Because you passed out." He enunciated each syllable. "I came to get you some of my Tía's food. She says you might have to stay here tonight." I could've sworn he smirked at the last part.

Julieta walked in a few seconds later.

"You're awake! How are you feeling?"

"Fine."

"Can you tell me why you passed out?"

"I'm not sure. I think I just didn't eat enough."

"That's what I thought. I think it'd be a good idea for you to stay here tonight, just so I can make sure you're eating enough."

"Should I ask my Tía first? She'll be waiting for me."

"Me and Isabela talked to her." Dolores appeared, out of nowhere, making me jump. "We were with Val and saw Camilo carrying you up the village. She said you can stay for tonight."

"Who is staying for tonight?" A strict voice came from the doorway.

Abuela Alma.

"Camilo's friend fainted at school. I need her to stay here so I can keep an eye on her," Julieta explained. I had to admit, she was a lot more motherly than Alma.

The old woman folded her arms, raising an eyebrow at me. I quickly adjusted my skirt so she couldn't see the slit, which I knew she wouldn't approve of.

She raised a finger, "One night. She will stay in the nursery with Mirabel. Camilo, show her around."

"Now can you walk?" The boy smirked as soon as the others left.