15- Who am I?

⚠️This chapter is going to mention mental health, blood and self harm. Very emotional stuff so just be warned. (Happier note this is the longest I've ever gotten in writing a book! Comment and vote if you want me to finish!)⚠️

|😟-Y/n's POV-😟|

I didn't see Camilo the next day. I didn't see him at school the day after that. Or the day after that. By Friday night, I still hadn't seen him. The week dragged on forever without him.

Why did he have to see me? He'll think I'm a monster now. I bet he's scared of me. Why wasn't I more careful?

By the weekend, I decided to go talk to him. I walked up to his house and brought the dress back in a bag.

The whole week he'd been gone, there were grey clouds hanging over the Encanto, so I had to wear my poncho.

I knocked on the door.

What am I doing? He won't want to see me. I should just go-

The door opened before I could leave. I looked up and saw a distraught Dolores. Her eyes were puffy, like she'd been crying. The whole house was quieter than usual, and looked dull.

"Hey, what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

She sniffed. "Camilo won't leave his room." She whispered, like saying it any louder would hurt too much. "Casita won't let us in. Nobody's seen him all week."

Up the stairs, I could see Pepa, Félix, Mirabel, Julieta and Antonio gathered around his door, which looked like it was hardly glowing.

"How has he been eating?"

"We left food out and the next thing we know it's gone. We think Casita is bringing it to him."

"Can't you hear him?"

She shook her head.

I lowered my voice, "Did you hear what happened yesterday?"

She shocked her head again. "I was with Abuela talking to the Guzmáns."

"C-Can I try talking to him?"

She nodded, moving out of the way to let me in. The family parted to let me go to his door.

"Camilo? Can we talk? We're worried about you. Please, let us in." I leaned against the door, hoping he would hear.

To my surprise, the door swung open. I gasped softly, as did his family. Behind it, his room had changed. Instead of his bright yellow room, I was met with a long, dark hallway with dim, flickering lights.

I stepped in, but, as Pepa attempted to follow me, the floorboards rose, keeping them out of the room.

"He wants her to be alone?" Mirabel translated the movement of the wooden tiles.

I looked back at the family.

"I'll bring him back out to talk to you." I promised.

"Here." Julieta held out an arepa. "Just in case something happened to him." Once I took it, the door closed, leaving me in the dark, eerie hall.

"Cami?" I called. After a sharp right a while down, the walls were replaced with mirrors. Long corridors of mirrors.

After yet another left, I heard a cracking under my shoe. I looked down and saw broken shards of glass.

Every mirror from this point was broken, some with blood on the shards. And, as I looked in the reflection, I saw the face of someone else looking at me.