***

I fell into a deep and comfortable sleep on the soft bed after a long time.

Is that why? I vaguely dreamed of the days when I was living as Lee Jin-ju — a time when my presence was not strong and it was hard to fit into society.

My presence among people was always dim. I felt as if I had been abandoned in this huge society.

So I tried to work as a girl scout instructor optimized for group life, but it was the same. There was no one who looked at me properly or remembered me.

"Jin-ju? Oh, Jin-ju... she's in our department."

Even at the camping company where I got the job with such difficulty, I was strangely treated as an invisible person. It was the same when I was in charge of major projects.

I've always wondered about that. Why can't I get along like everyone else? It felt like I wasn't part of this world.

In the meantime, one day, I accidentally picked up a novel 《Something More Important Than Survival》 on the street.

I had an intuition that something was in line with me. There was such a strange fascination with the book I found on the street.

The day I picked up the book on the street was nothing special. However, the book I picked up on an unusual day was very special.

A round circle with unknown patterns was drawn on the sidewalk block where the book fell, and bluish light was manifesting from the pattern.

The book was right on top of it.

'Yeah, I just remembered.'

It was an unforgettable phenomenon, so how could I have completely forgotten about it?

The light emitted from the floor disappeared the moment I picked up the book. As if it had been waiting for that moment.

That was the reason why I read a book on the street out of nowhere. At that moment, I was so curious about the contents of the book that I couldn't miss it without reading it right away.

And absurdly, the moment I finished reading the book, I was hit in the head by a falling signboard and died.

I don't know where the book went then. I don't even know where it came from.

Now that I think about it, it must have been a magic circle.

'Magic circle......?!'

I opened my eyes at the sudden thought.

And my eyes met with a pair of red eyes.

A woman with silvery white hair and blood-red eyes was staring at me with her face close to mine.

"Aaaah!"

I jumped off the bed and took a step back. Eunji who was sleeping at the end of the bed was also surprised and spun around on the spot.

I sat on the bed, leaned close to the wall, and scanned the surroundings. But the woman I saw a while ago was disappearing like a mirage.

"What the hell?"

I got out of bed with a puzzled face and looked around the room, but no one was there.

In the meantime, I found that the door was open.

'Did I sleep with the door open?'

No, I'm sure the door was closed before I went to bed. Horrified, I stared at the open door and froze.

'Come to think of it, that woman has silver hair and red eyes.'

She has the characteristic appearance of the Rohade family. What's more, if she's a woman, there's a good chance she's the Anata that Kayden saw in Jenas' cabin.