Chapter Five: The world of the living

Walking down the hallway hand in hand the twins stopped at Rin's first class "Lilith I'm scared" Lilith looked at her worried brother and smiled "it's ok Rin, we're in the same building so if anything happens just come to me, it's just history class, it's not going to be hard, I'll meet you back up here after my sword training class" she reassured him, patting him on his head he smiled and hugged her. He waved her goodbye and walked into his classroom, she waved back and watched as he went to his seat. She left walking back downstairs to go to her class.

—————————

It's been two years since the twins first entered the soul reaper academy. And they were stoked about going to the world of the living for their graduation assignment "alright guys, enter the senkaimon in an orderly fashion" their teacher said at the gate "I'm so excited, maybe we'll be able to see dad again!" Rin gleamed as he walked through the senkaimon with his sister "I hope we do!" Lilith excitedly said "why did he even have to go to the world of the living anyway?" He asked not understanding why his dad left for two years "he said that he had to finish his last two years of high school" Lilith answered "oh" Rin mumbled. Exiting the precipice world, the twins and their class stood on the air above a lively town. "Kids, welcome to the world of the living" the teacher explained "um, Mrs, where are we?" A student asked "we my dear student are at and above Karakura Town" the teacher explained. The lady explained that they were there to essentially go hollow hunting. And as the youngest in their class, the twins were told to look for any spirts and preform a konsō. The two nodded and left the group to do just that.

They found a few spirts and preformed a few konsō's but they got bored quick. "Sis I'm bored, let's go look for dad" Rin complained "yeah, I agree, let's go look for dad" Lilith agreed finishing up the konsō she was in the middle of. They walked around for a little bit until finally stopping, they stood by a gate that was in front of a big building "you think he's in this strange looking building?" Lilith asked looking at her brother "I mean, it's where his spirit energy is, so I'm assuming so sis" Rin answered her walking through the gate "whatever you say bro" she said running up to him.

Ichigo was sitting on the roof of his school eating lunch with Rukia, Chad, Uryū, and Orihime. "So, what you're telling me is that the Aizen situation is getting dire?" Ichigo asked opening Rukia's juice box "yup, and we still haven't found a way of defeating him yet" she said taking her strawberry juice box from Ichigo's hand "I see" he just simply said. "He's going to be a tricky enemy to defeat, but I know that you can do it Ichigo!" Orihime firmly stated "yeah she's right Ichigo, and we don't only have him to think about but his Arrancars as well" Uryū mentioned "yeah they're right Ichigo" Chad inquired. Ichigo looked at his friends and nodded smiling fondly. The door to the rooftop swung open startling the group

"Aww geez Lilith, I think we're lost" Rin moped "Nuh uh! Dads spirit energy trail is coming from up here" Lilith implied "don't be an idiot Lilith" Rin retorted causing his sister to sharply turn towards him "whose the idiot? Idiot!" She remarked closing the door to the roof, Rin turned towards his sister and glared at her "you are! Stupid!" He yelled "why you!" She said grabbing his shihakusho shaking him "okay, okay! I'm sorry now would you quit shaking me please!" He cried Lilith smirked and let go of him "ha! Now whose the stupid one" she said sticking out her tongue "tch" Rin crossed his arms and looked away from his sister.

"Excuse me kids, but what are you doing in the world of the living?" Orihime asked walking up to the two, the twins looked her up and down "she doesn't look like a spirit" Rin said standing beside his sister "she's missing a soul chain, so she must be a human" Lilith said placing her arm over her brothers shoulders leaning on him just a bit "I guess that'd be the case sister" Rin said. Orihime looked at the two siblings her brain raking with questions about who they are and why they were in the world of the living. "Lilith, Rin, what are you two doing here?" Rukia spoke up, the twins looked at Rukia and smiled booking it towards her. "Auntie Ruki!" They yelled jumping on her giving her a hug, Rukia smiled and hugged them back, "by any chance auntie, do you know where dad is?" Lilith asked letting go "yeah, I do actually" Rukia smirked "ooo, tell us, tell us!" Rin said excitedly, "he's sitting right there" she said pointing to the left of the twins.