54

The kitchen suddenly fell silent.

Rong Zhen raised his hand, and the servant holding the biscuits stopped, and stepped aside respectfully.

"It's so late, he said he was going to see the geese?"

There was no emotion in the man's voice, and his black pupils stared at the biscuit icing dipped in his fingers, and rubbed them lightly.

Cheng Yan: "Yes."

"Bring him back."

As keen as Cheng Yan, he didn't realize for a moment whether Rong Zhen's words meant whether he agreed or not, but he only paused for a moment, and then went out in response.

When Jiang Jili heard the news, he was stunned for a moment. He curled up his fingers, and pressed his fingertips on the cuffs of the cotton shirt that had been rolled down to the wrist.

He couldn't help looking at Rong Qiao again.

"Sir, does he...don't agree?" The question was asked of Cheng Yan.

Cheng Yan: "Sir didn't say it, it's better for you to ask yourself."

Seeing the uneasy expression of the young man, Rong Qiao felt unstoppable affection. Although she called Jiang Jili the second sister-in-law, she was actually a year older than him. It is difficult for her to regard the young man as a real "second sister-in-law", more like a younger brother who needs to be protected, not to mention that Rongqiao knows his past.

The third person who said she was a bystander seemed a little indifferent. She felt that she should be a climbing stone on the rock wall in the trap set by the hunter. He got a glimpse of the outside world.

Rong Qiao gave him a reassuring look.

Strange to say, Jiang Jili has been here for a long time, and he seems to be able to trust many people, Lin Qi, Cheng Yan, the skilled gardener in Rong Zhai, and Rong Qiao who he met not long ago.

But the only thing I can't trust is that gentleman, even if he has done everything he can on the surface.

When he went back, the man was sitting on the sofa, Jiang Jili was a little reluctant to go there, walking hesitantly and slowly. But after all, it was a short journey, and he still arrived at the man's side.

"gentlemen."

He let out a low cry. He had obviously concocted countless words outside just now, but the moment he saw this person, they all disappeared. He stood awkwardly. Although Rong Qiao taught him to act like a baby, he actually didn't feel that the person in front of him was easy to talk to. Acting like a baby felt even more ashamed and embarrassing.

This person's temperament is inherently cold and unpredictable, even if he bends down and listens to him, it seems like a compromise of last resort, what's more, this is not a compromise, and "last resort" should be replaced with "reluctantly", because the initiative is never there in his hands.

Of course, Jiang Jili didn't want to win any initiative here, he just didn't like it.

I don't know if it's his illusion, he feels like a toy attached to this gentleman, not a gesture of a partner that should be respected, everyone seems to agree, why does he have to do everything possible to think about it when he goes out? How to get this person to agree?

Jiang Jili thought to himself, this person is not a partner at all, but an uncivilized feudal patriarch.

"Come here, let me give you a hug."

Jiang Jili backed away a bit, and met the man's eyes: "Sir, I want to go to Qiaoqiao's manor."

"To see the geese?"