⋆˖⁺‧₊☽◯ 3 ◯☾₊‧⁺˖⋆

Comincia dall'inizio

Crete rolled his eyes. "Whatever. I've got everything, so let's get back to the others."

I waited for everybody to get out of the room before I ruffled in the drawers. I grabbed a small medical bag and stashed in pills and medicine I might need. I tried to be as fast as I could; the noise the others made was fading further.

If anything happens I need extra supplies. The kids might be hurt.

I couldn't stuff any more things in, so I got up and sprinted after the others. My hearts racing after faint footsteps, the sound getting further and further.

Stopping, I listened. Nothing. I lost them. Great.

Giggles came from one of the rooms behind me. I carefully made my way to it, feeling cautious.

Crete's holding Lorelei while Alice kept a hand over her smile. Ells and Dowin didn't bother holding in their laughter when they saw me. They were playing some sort of joke.

They all started walking again, and I silently followed.

I should just leave after we get to the others. I can rid myself of these jerks soon and find the others by myself.

Tears filling my eyes as I looked at their backs. Lorelei's cute smile fell as she looked back at me. I smiled at her, not wanting her to feel bad, even though I wanted to cry. I want to go home.

"How much further can the stairs be?" Leo asked grimly.

"Dude, it's only been a few minutes," Dowin remarked, clapping a hand on Leo's back. I watched him grimace a smile. The battered upside of his face thankfully turning away from me.

It took me a minute to notice his skin tone, pale and sweaty. His smile looks more painful with every second that passes. He's not talking with everyone else, and he's starting to fall behind even me.

"Hey." I tugged at Leo's sleeve. He looked down at me; his eyes not focusing.

"I'm sorry they did that," he muttered.

"Forget it; it's fine. Are you feeling alright?" I stopped him and reached up to feel his forehead. "You're sick," I stated as everyone stopped.

The room's door is completely barricaded by rubble. There's nothing here but the dry air. Dead end with no where to go but back the way we came from.

"Is this really the right way?" Dowin asked as Crete looked over the wall of debris.

"There." He pointed out a small gap in the rubble, the size of a large pipe. "That's the crawl tunnel up to the second floor."

"Are you freaking kidding, Crete?" Ells exclaimed.

Dowin started climbing and stopped in front of the hole. "We will have to go in one at a time," he said.

"Duh," Alice stated. Climbing up next to him.

"Ladies first," he said. Alice faked a smile at him and crawled into the hole, her feet disappearing a second later.

I watched Dowin follow in after her. Crete waited as Ells took his time climbing up. Lorelei is still in his arms but she would have to go in by herself. Should I just leave them all? What if they help me find the other kids?

I helped Leo out as much as I could up the pipe until it was either Crete's, Lorelei's, or my turn.

"Come on, Lorelei," I said.

"I don't want to."

"I'll be right behind you." I smiled, holding my breath as she got in. Waiting until there was space for me to start crawling up behind her.

It was darker than I expected, and each time I moved, the tunnel pushed into my shoulders. Shaking brought loose bits of dirt around us as we climbed.

"I can't do this," Lorelei cried in panic as everything started shaking. Her feet almost hit my face as she tried to back out the tunnel.

What am I supposed to do? Is she far enough for me to push her out before everything collapses?

Alice called out, trying to grab her as someone grabbed my feet.

A rock jammed into my back and dust clouded the tunnel. Lorelei started crying, and panic spread through over me again. I need to do something, I need to stop this.

Crete yelled out as I pushed her out the hole. I was jerked backwards, knees burning against the tunnel sides as it collapses.

I try to stand up and stumble over to Crete as the ceiling between us caves in. Loud rumbles and snapping died down screams, and the roaring blocked out all other sounds.

Billows of debris crashed down in front of me. I watched, stunned, as dust settled down. If I had stepped any closer to Crete, I would have been buried alive.

Crying snapped me out of my daze.

I heard Crete yell my name, but I couldn't care less at the moment. "Alice! Is Lorelei okay?" She has to be okay, I pushed her out in time. She has to be okay.

Dowin yelled back. "We're all good."

Oh, thank goodness there are okay. I tried to take in some controlled breaths.

"What should we do? Should we wait for you guys?" Alice yelled from above me.

"No. I gave you the pack of medical supplies; do you still have it, Alice?" Crete's voice was not as muffled as the others'.

"I have it," she replied as I looked for a way to get to Crete. I could hear him trying to dig away rocks and dirt but there were way too many. I didn't even notice how strange it was.

"Good, take everyone else and get to the kids waiting. I'll get Anna and find a different way to get to you guys." He paused, "Anna, can you hear me?"

The ceiling vibrated and my heart pounded. Footsteps told me that Alice and the others left. "Yeah, I can. I'm alright,"

"Stay there, and I'll get to you. Don't move. I'm going to have to get around the hallways,"

I can't just wait. "I can meet you halfway." He didn't reply. Probably gone already.

The hall is a dead end, so I move on to the next. Walking on even though my knees are throbbing with pain. Get to the others, find everyone else. Make sure everyone of my kids are safe.

Things keep getting darker as I walk. I'm using the walls to guide my step, before brushing over something soft and quickly pulling away. It feels like hours passed when I finally see light in the distance. My throat has dried out so much it feels like I'm breathing in fire.

I stumble into the room. Electric-powered lights make the room glow in ominous flickers. The floor here is cleaner. I look up to see where the lights were. Cracks spread like veins along the ceiling, and I froze. My breath is knocked out of me as me skin pricks up. The warm light does nothing for the odd feeling inching up my spine.

The timing couldn't have been better as the room shuddered. I am going to die. I can't even move from the wall as my ears start ringing and my palms sweat.

At least Lorelei is safe. At least I did that while I was alive.

I heard footsteps bound over but my eyes are glued to the cracks. They tore apart with loud protest as the light flickered off. Seconds later it turned back on. My heart stopped as I looked straight into deep bright green eyes.

Pinning me between him and the wall, he smiled down at me as something fell behind him. My arms feel stiff even as he pushed something into them. I held it to my chest; as baby fingers clung to my shirt.

My hearts throbbing as I squeeze my eyes shut, tears rolling down my cheeks. I can't save the helpless thing, so why is he giving me this precious child? I curled down to the floor, trying to cover the bundle with my body so it won't get hurt.

It didn't cry or fuss as the room fell apart