191 - Statue of Frozen Person

Start from the beginning

However, when he try to consent Fernan, Fernand and Fernando who will become the leader of his three martial force like hidden, inner and outer defense respectively, the latter immediately voice out his opposition,

"City Lord, with all due respect, please change it. Change it to 90:10, you taking 90% while they kept 10%. In fact, it was more appropriate if its 95:5."

Upon hearing the massive change, Cole can't help but think that its no wonder Fernando is a former sea bandit. His train of thought always favor his own benefit. It was an outright robbery!

However, he was immediately convinced when he heard the reason,

"As someone who experience the dungeon, we all knew what's its capabilities. Not only one can battle in their heart content inside where they could acquire a first-hand battle experience, without worrying about their life at that since a challenger can be revived after certain amount of time. They could also acquire the so called EXP, as the city lord calls it, which will increase their cultivation level. Just those reasons alone is more than enough reason to actually not give them a part of their harvested loots. As a matter of fact, if not because we are hiding its existence, as long as we announce those stated benefits alone, there'll be countless that will flock to us to give them the chance to challenge. Don't say about the unfair distribution of loots, they'll be even happy even if you required payments from them, excluding the value of their loots."

Fernan also share his own opinion, "Young master, the income of cultivators were usually spend on consumables likes pills, medicinal potions and herbs which its main use is to increase their cultivation realm. Since the dungeon gave EXP, your subordinates could save a massive amount of their money which they usually spend on those things, not to say that EXP don't need to be refined and will be automatically integrated into their cultivation realm, saving them of much important attribute, which is time. Furthermore, challengers also don't need to spend a part of their income on recovery items like pills and potions since the dungeon itself heals its challengers afterwards."

Fernand nod his head as he also speak what's on his mind, "In addition, since the young master already said that he would provide the main weapon and equipment for those subordinates, this means that they also have other area they don't need to spend their money on. Young master, it was only normal to reduce their portion."

Fernando then said again, "Don't worry, young master. If those imbeciles said something inappropriate, us three would discipline them until they accept the term. Although our force is small since we are still on infancy stage, our future sure is promising. If they join in the latter stage, they wouldn't be able to enter as easy as of now."

Although it sounds domineering, Cole can't deny that what they said make sense. Just the fact that they'll be able to return alive—no, just the fact that they'd never die while training in the wild (challenging the dungeon), is more than enough reason for them to accept the ridiculous contribution.

However, eventhough it made sense, Cole can't take to himself to exploit his subordinate to the extreme level.

Hence, Cole decided to use a ranking system through stars in the form of medallion. Those with one stars are the lowest level of soldier and will have an initial distribution percent of what Fernando propose, 90:10. Everytime they increase their rank, the distribution system would be change until to the highest level, like the level of Fernan, Fernand and Fernando, which is 50:50.

...

As his martial force gradually develop, Cole also didn't neglect about his newfound faction. In fact, he spend more time and effort on the development of his city compare to his martial force, which he give the full control to his three subordinates.

As a former inhabitant of planet Earth, Cole believe that humans truly the three basic needs to survive—food, shelter and clothes, and this three needs is what he focused for the meantime.

He already take care of it. Not only he gather several known farmer of the city, he also invite several personnel from every surrounding village and brief them about some of agricultural process he knew. Those selected persons will then spread the knowledge to the whole territory. And in order to further hasten the food sufficiency of his small country, he also distributes some genetically enhanced crop seeds which has better yield, natural resistances and better survivability that don't enter the threshold of spiritual crops.

As for clothing, he have yet to develop the technology on producing it but he already planted the very first important material of it which is cotton.

As for those populace that lose their jobs, which equates to more than 30% of whole worker population of the city, Cole immediately gave them a job which focus on building houses as well as building the road network of his country. Cole knew the importance of roads and transportation on development of the country. The roads will prove to be useful in his country since his main purpose is to provide a safe shelter for normal humans with no ability to cultivate. Unlike cultivators that could rely on their spatial equipment and flying equipments, his subjects don't have a choice but to rely on the ground.

The development of his faction needs many things but it wasn't money or budget he was worried and lacking about but special talents like engineers, architects and relevant professionals. There were several people that barely met the criteria remaining in the city and they were those that Cole don't have much a choice but to rely on.

Fortunately, the apparent good changes console Cole. The improving livelihood of commoners as well as the beatification of the city put a smile on Cole's face and gave him a huge sense of accomplishments and satisfaction.

On the other hand, despite using the method of spreading his announcement to the surrounding faction through the wandering merchants, there has yet one to get attracted in the offer.

Instead, the first one that approach him was the one that he was familiar with—Mikoes, the secondary leader of Yin-Yang Wonderland. He was also one of his subordinate.

Through Celia's parasite control, Cole instructed Mikoes to make a facade that'll show his offer.

Mikoes original cultivation method is through dual cultivation. The essence of his cultivation is weak and his foundation is supposedly not strong. Although constant challenging of dungeon with Cole somehow remedied his weak foundation, it can't remedy its vital problem.

Hence, despite being a second leader of Yin Yang Wonderland, Fernando and Fernan's Heavenly Tribulation is more powerful who both previously part of bandit group, signifying that they have more better potential compare to Mikoes.

Nevertheless, Mikoes successfully overcome his Heavenly Tribulations and return 'loudly' to his faction, which proves to be useful as not long after his 'advertisement', cultivators starts to drove towards the Towering Tree City, and most of them were those stuck on peak of Nascent Soul-Stage.

It was expected that cultivators from different faction or those lone cultivators when met on narrow road is bound to create some chaos. It roots either from small disagreement and misunderstanding, to clash of their pride and even meeting the former enemy of one another.

Several of them disregard their surrounding and start of fight on where they meet. It'll be fortunate if they battle far from the city but it directly snap Cole's tolerance when someone even disregard when they meet on the middle of the city and fight, fatally injuring several civilians.

It could be said that fatally injuring commoners is already a massive consideration from the Nascent Soul cultivators and they should be thankful than they were given a more chance to live.

Not to say Cole's capability, even the former Tree of Life is capable of restoring someone into full health as long as they could still breath. In fact, if the target is the commoner, both of them were even capable of regenerating lose limbs.

However, if he just heal those that got injured, the disrespectful act of visitors won't stop. It was only then Cole knew that he have to instill the prowess of his faction to completely stop the foreigners, specially when this was just a first batch and many more short tempered peak cultivators visit the city.

After making his decision, there is once again a familiar sight in the middle of the city— A statue of frozen person!