ˢᵖᵉⁿᵗ ᵃⁿ ʰᵒᵘʳ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃ ʰᵃˡᶠ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ᵇᵃᵗʰ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ?

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐦

There was something radiating heat next to her, she pried open her eyes and saw Lockwood asleep beside her. During their short nap, Carolynne and Lockwood had moved closer to each other. She had her head rested on his chest and his arm was around her waist loosely. Lockwood let out a groan as he stretched his legs brushing them against Carolynne's.

"Anthony," Carolynne whispered softly as she poked his cheek with finger making sure not to prod him her nail. "Anthony," she whispered.

Carolynne shifted slightly as Lockwood began to wake up, this caused a beam of lamplight to flood her vision. She winced and closed her eyes quickly burying her face further into his chest.

She felt Lockwood's lips press to the top of her head, she smiled contently.

"Hi." Lockwood yawned when Carolynne looked up at him.

There was a persistent knocking on the door that ruptured their quiet moment as it continued. Carolynne groaned, "we better answer that insufferable knocking."

Lockwood got out of bed and turned to smirk at her as he pulled a shirt on, "I thought you liked George."

"I never said I didn't."

The boy then opened the door just as George was about to bang his fist on the door again, it swung open in his face leaving his hand hanging in mid-air. There was an unimpressed look on his face as took in Lockwood's bed hair and sleepy demeanour. He then leant into the room - leaving Lockwood feeling completely exposed and flustered - and spotted Carolynne lying in his bed.