ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵈ ᵃ ʳᵃᵖⁱᵉʳ ʰᵉˡᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵐʸ ᶜʰᵉˢᵗ,

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 and had experienced several cases with the two boys

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐧𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐨𝐜𝐤𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐂𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐡 and had experienced several cases with the two boys. The one the previous night had left her trudging around the house running on nothing but two mugs of coffee, two hours of scarce sleep and two brain cells left go deal with anymore ghosts.

Luckily for Carolynne's tired bones, sore eyes and Lockwood's sympathy for the girl - the company had no jobs to do or research for. Taking the open opportunity for it, George said he wanted to go to the Archives to research the early stages of the problem - his specialist subject - so Carolynne offered to go with him to scope out what the place was like and things it offered and Lockwood agreed to go with them to avoid being alone in the house.

"Have you always lived in London?" Carolynne asked George as they approached the large modern architectural building, third coffee cup in hand - she knew Lockwood grew up in the house but didn't know where George grew up.

"Zone six," he took a short sip of his coffee, "much nicer and safer."

"Why did you leave?"

"My mum and dad are lovely don't get me wrong, but I couldn't stay." He looked at her for a moment, "they had four kids: engineer, engineer, engineer, weirdo."

Carolynne smiled as she heard the small chuckle leave George's lips

"Take it you've always been a bit..."

"Obsessed?" George shrugged, "yeah. The problem is all I've ever known - all any of us have ever known. That's not okay so I want to find out...well everything." He was quite pleased that Carolynne was taking an interest in him, the late assistant Lockwood hired had no interest in him whatsoever so he was happy the new associate had. "That's why I got fired from Fittes."

Carolynne shrieked with a massive smile, "you got fired from Fittes?"

She heard Lockwood muster a laugh before George turned his head to the taller boy, "didn't you tell her?"