Chapter 31 ~ Third Term

Sultana's P O V

  We are already back to school, we resumed 2 weeks ago but the Baddies Crew are resuming today. Today we'll be having an Interhouse sport.

I'm already in school already, I'm also among the people joining the Inter house sport. I'll be in football and badminton, while deejarh is in swimming and volleyball. I am in red house, deejarh in green, Yusuf in Green and Abdullah in red.

We did and I lost in badminton, Abdullah won in football, Yusuf in race while deejarh in swimming. But the rest of the games we either come second or third. We didn't have any classes, we are just enjoying ourselves.

We are still thinking about the owner of MC latest Amebos. We are also having a debate today later after Zuhr prayer with another school named Carnaby Academy. We have written our jamb already Deejarh got 259, Yusuf 260, Abdullah 252 and I got 220. I know I'm intelligent but jamb is just luck, so the person you think won't score much is the one that will score much and vice versa.

We prayed Zuhr, went to the hall where the debate will take place. The other school have already arrived. 

Since we are organizing the debate, we asked them to come to our school. Everyone is all seated in the hall, the right side is were the MC students are seated while the left side is were the CA students are seated.

The judges are seated up in the middle. We arranged ourselves with me being the first speaker, Yusuf second, and a girl named Aisha then lastly A boy named Taheer.

The debate topic is Mixed school is better than single sex school. We the MC students are supporting the motion. It has been my dream to be in a debate that talks about this topic and alhamdulillah, Allah is fulfilling my dream.

The first speaker is given seven minutes, second speaker five minutes, third speaker three minutes and the last speaker two minutes then the first speaker three Minutes to round up.

Good day Mr Chairman, Panel of Judges, accurate time keeper,My co -debators, distinguished ladies and gentlemen."I started, since our school is supporting the motion, we will be the one to start. I continue " My name is Sultana Ahmad Zayzar, A student of mystery college. I'm here this afternoon to support the motion which states "Mixed school or Co-ed school is better than single sex school."

To start with, what is a school? what is a mixed or Co-ed school and what is a single sex school?" I know this might sound ridiculous but that's the first question to start with.

A school is a place where people go and learn. A mixed or Co-ed school is the type of school where both genders school in the same environment while a single sex school is the type of school where only a single gender school, be it male or female. "I was walking here and there, and also demonstrating with my hands.

I believe that mixed or Co-ed school is better and more beneficial for students. Students are young and school is the best place where they learn and develop their social and moral skills. It is where they learn to adapt to different types of environments and people that they may encounter now and in the future.

A mixed or Co-ed school expresses more diversity within the school and it teaches equality. Students will be able to express themselves as they wish without being scared.  Some may feel scared to express themselves or come out when going to single sex school because they might feel like they don’t fit in.

If they don't Attend a mixed or Co-ed school, do you think students will be able to meet and mix up with other gender? And also being able to be free with them?

I'm not saying that single school is not worth going but how will they be able to mix up with the other gender in the nearest future?

With this points of mine, I hope I have convinced you, Thank you." I completely as i went back to my seat.