29

Samantha sat with her mouth wide open in shock, Novel sat opposite her chewing her lower lip.

"This is the part where you say something."

Sam sat unblinking, her mouth still open.

"Sam!"

"You kissed a woman." Samantha finally mumbled to herself. "Is this a dream? Did I fall and hit my head?"

Novel groaned, falling back on the bed. "Sam! Focus! I'm freaking out here."

"When did this happen?"

"When I took Jane to see Avalon." Novel covered her face with her hands.

"Oh my God!" Samantha held her chest. "You kissed the hot sexy French woman?!"

Novel groaned louder, rolling on the bed. "I don't know how it happened."

"Two lips lock and then the tongue comes out to play-"

"Alright." Novel slapped the bed. "You don't need say it like that."

"It was just a peck right? A mistake, you tripped over yourself and your lips brushed right?" Samantha shook Novel's leg.

Novel blushed all the way to the tip of her ears. "Uhm- we were locked in a closet, there wasn't enough space for both of us so she was stuck on top of me."

"On top of you?" Samantha swallowed loudly. "What happened next?"

Novel hated how well she remembered how good she felt. "We tried to adjust but she kept hitting my-"

"She grinded on you!" Samantha eyes widened. "Where was I?"

"Not in the closet with us." Novel laughed, "I wanted to tell you immediately it happened but you and Fabian were in your honey moon phase."

Samantha sighed dreamily. "I guess I should say thank you for talking some sense into me, that man can seduce a non living thing. God the things he did to me."

"Nope." Novel covered her ears. "I do not want to hear about your sex life."

"You're on team vagina now, you'd do anything to hear me say the word dick three weeks ago."

Novel giggled. "Three weeks, it's been that long? I can swear it happened yesterday."

"And I'm sure we've not gotten to the important part of this conversation."

Novel's smile died, she rested on her elbows so she was looking Sam in the eye. "I'm confused. I won't lie and say I didn't enjoy it, I did. I'm scared of how much I enjoyed it, how easy it was for me to want her to pleasure me in ways John never did."

Samantha stayed silent, Novel needed to get it all out of her system and she'd let her before inputting her two cents.

"I mean my body felt new, like it hadn't been explored but I've popped out a baby and had plenty of sex in my life but her lips-" Novel paused and closed her eyes. "I can't forget how drunk I felt merely kissing her, I'm no stranger to kisses but my knees felt so weak, I was prepared to hike up my dress and have her finish me off."

Novel pressed her fingers to her lips. "I feel like a hypocrite, having held onto my values and thoughts about these things, I don't hate it- them." Novel shook her head, her lower lip stuck between her teeth. "Look at me. I know barely anything about this. Them? What does that even mean?"

"To prove a point, there are groups of people whose identities are they/them."

Novel's brows furrowed. "What's that?"

Samantha's shoulders rose and dropped. "I don't think that's important to your story but I thought you needed to know that the umbrella is large and it gets larger by the day."