19

"Who was that hottie?" Samantha giggled once they'd all filed into the car.

"Who?" Novel asked, feigning ignorance.

"That ball of French sexiness we just encountered Novel, didn't you feel tingles just hearing her curse in French?" Samantha said in a dreamy voice. "I want to cop me a French man."

"Unfortunately you already have a man and he's not French."

Samantha pouted, "You don't have to be mean just because you don't appreciate God's very own perfect project that he let loose on planet earth."

"You have definitely lost me my friend." Novel said coolly. She didn't want to talk about the woman they'd left at the mall, she still didn't know her name.

"Women my friend, all women are God's perfect project to mankind and that woman." Samantha whistled. "Smoking hot, and the way she was staring at you, Jesus Christ I almost swooned."

Smoky green eyes flashed in Novel's memory twisting her stomach into a nervous wreck. "I don't know what you're talking about Sammy, drop it. Jane are you okay?"

Jane nodded sniffling softly. "Yea I'm fine, Avalon is with his rightful owner. I shouldn't have stopped looking anyway."

"It's fine honey, besides she said you can see him anytime." Novel sighed. "That's very generous of her."

"Yea, she gave me her address and her number."

Novel squeezed the steering wheel hard, "She did?"

"Yea. Told me to text her when I wanted to see him and she'd tell me the day when she was free so you could drop me off."

Everything about this woman set Novel on edge, she didn't understand this new reaction her body was so desperate to show off, maybe an allergy was popping out from nowhere and it was messing with her brain.

"We should get food on the way, food always makes everything better." Samantha yawned. Novel hummed, she couldn't agree more.

°

Jane went straight to her room when they got home, refusing the food pack Sam held out to her.

"She was very attached to him huh?"

Novel sighed, taking her food to the couch, she dug in immediately she sat down. "I didn't even know she could be that good with anything."

"Darling we have seen her in a kitchen, I feel pity for the ingredients every single time."

"How can she be so bad at cooking?" Novel quivered. "I hope she's fine though, Avalon made my life a bit bearable with the on and off teenage drama."

"If you hear any depressing music coming from her room then you're in for it."

Novel groaned, chewing her food slowly before swallowing. "I'll kill myself before the weekend."

"Who's going to be my baby's godmother?" Samantha smiled then sighed. "It's so hard to ignore what's already growing inside me."

"It's not a what darling, it's a who." Novel smiled fondly. "It's the best thing you'll ever experience after pushing their big head out of your vagina. The moments where you get to hold your baby and then they smile at you for the first time. Nothing can beat that feeling."

Samantha placed her hands on her stomach, "I'm so scared but I also can't wait."

"And Fabian?"

"I don't know." Samantha rubbed her eyes, "I really don't know what to do."