Offices

Alex walked into the hospital with his head hung low. He was not ready for what the day would entail. Slowly he walked past the front desk knowing exactly where he needed to go. As he stopped in front of the elevators he could feel fingers lace with his. He looked over his eyes meeting Britt's who gave him a soft smile. While they waited he could feel her gently lean into his her hand running along his arm.

"Thank you." She shook her head at his words.

"I was coming with you whether you wanted me to or not." He chuckled softly before his lips discreetly met the top of her head. "Everything's going to be alright." He could tell the words were mainly for herself as they walked into the elevator. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze as he pushed the button getting them to the floor they needed.

Both were dreading the fact that one he got the treatment he would be in the hospital for at least three weeks making it that much more difficult for them to see each other. Britt had wanted to take the month off from wrestling so she didn't have to travel but he insisted she kept wrestling. The only thing that was keeping her from not listening was the fact that Toni was injured and had assured her that she would check on Alex during the days Britt was away.

"It'll be okay gorgeous." He said as he felt her lean even more into him as the lift began to move. "It's just a few weeks." She nodded as her head moved to rest along his bicep. She could hear him let out a long breath as the elevator stopped. "It's just a few weeks." This time she could tell he was saying the words for himself. Before the doors opened her lips pressed to his bicep.

The two exited the elevator before he directed her towards the desk he needed to check in at. The two were quickly guided to an office and Britt could tell he was confused. When they came face to face with his doctor she noticed Alex's hand begin to shake. Instantly her stomach turned to knots.

"Nothing bad I just wanted to get you before we got you ready for the transplant." He nodded at the Doctors words. "Your donor came in from out of state and while we typically are required to wait a year before giving you any sort of contact information your donor has been insistent about meeting you if you would like as well. She..." Britt who was watching Alex out of the corner of her eyes saw him freeze at the doctors next sentence. "Has been on the donor list for nearly twelve years without a match, she did donate once before the age of eighteen and though she can't prove it she's told just about every other doctor that has seen her that you were the last person she donated to. Like I said we don't typically allow this but given that she's only here for the next few days and you both are currently in the hospital.... Would you like to meet her?"

Both the doctor and Britt were looking at Alex. He was frozen. Just from the words the doctor was saying he knew exactly who the donor was. He wanted to nod but he couldn't. The gentle squeeze to his hand finally snapped him out of his trance.

"Y-Yes." His voice cracked. The doctor nodded before standing up.

"Give me a moment and we will find a neutral place for you both to meet. If you'd like miss you're welcome to come along as well." Britt nodded at his words before he disappeared. She turned to Alex who was still slightly frozen.

"Alex...." His head turned and his eyes met hers and she knew he was thinking the exact same thing. "Just breathe." He tried to follow her words but he only got a few shaky breaths in before the doctor returned and they followed the older man towards a meeting room. Once at the door her hand gently separated from his before her hand ran reassuringly along his back.

As they stepped in Alex stopped. Britt stepped next to him as the door closed behind him. She watched as the woman in front of them who had an uncanny resemblance to Alexa Bliss gasped her hand moving over her mouth as tears welled in her eyes. There was no hesitation as she gently pushed him towards the small blonde. As he took a few steps forwards the younger woman did the same. Instantly he was smashed into a hug. His arm wrapped around her tightly and Britt could see tears begin to water in his eyes.

"I can't believe I finally found you." The words were said into his chest but the brunette could hear them clearly.

"I'm so sorry Lacey." The blondes head shook against his chest.

"I'm sorry I listened to him about you." She looked up at him. "I found the letters. He hid them in the garage, when he died we were going through the house and I found them all. He said you stopped writing but I never believed him." Alex's arms tightened slightly around his sister before they pulled away. She looked at him before wiping away a tear that had fallen down his cheek. "You know grandmas been looking for your dumbass since the day he kicked you out."

"I thought she wouldn't want to deal with me." Lacey shook her head before pulling Alex back into a tight hug.

"God no. We've both been trying to find you for years." He chuckled.

"Just took me getting sick for it to happen." She pulled away cupping his face as she looked at him.

"Whatever. We finally found you and once all this is over you're coming to Pittsburg so grandma can bitch you out." For the first time that day Britt saw him genuinely smile. He nodded at his sisters words before pulling away. "And you've got to meet my kiddos."

"Kiddos.... You mean satan spawn." She scoffed at him.

"They are perfectly well behaved and would love to meet their uncle that all they hear are stories about." He could see her looking around him at Britt. "Is this your...?" His eyes met the brunettes and neither knew how to answer. In the past twelve hours they hadn't had any sort of chance to define what there was between them. His hands slid into his pocket before he took a careful step back allowing the two to be face to face.

"Umm.... I...." Alex was fumbling with his words so Lacey took it upon herself. She instantly engulfed Britt in a tight hug.

"Thank you." She said for only the brunette to hear. "I actually think I saw her posts but didn't believe it. Well that was until I got the call."

"What posts?" He asked confused looking at Britt who was turning slightly red.

"Okay look. You were the one that was insistent that we couldn't get tested so we found another way to find someone." A single chuckle escaped his lips as a smile appeared across them and he shook his head. Alex's next words were sincere.

"Y'all are crazy and I definitely don't deserve ya."