Mornings

Alex was the first to wake up. Slowly and quietly he got out of the chair and stretched before moving towards his kitchen.

Food would be good for the both of them right?

He opened the fridge to find a lack of food kicking himself for not going to the store the day before. He looked through the cabinets trying to find anything he would have to make something and he sighed. Nothing but coffee.

Well at least they could both have a cup.

Alex took a second to rub the sleep from his eyes. As his hands dropped from his face and his eyes opened he could see Britt walking towards him.

"Morning." He said quietly. Her eyes found his and she smiled. "Please tell me you're not a morning person either." She lightly laughed.

"No I'm not in the slightest." A gave her a small smile before they both heard Ripley moving towards them. "I hope you know I'm stealing her." His eyes met hers before he shook his head.

"No way in hell. I couldn't survive without her." She raised an eyebrow before she saw him look down at his watch. "Ripley...." The dog looked up at him. "Pills." The dog ran off before coming back with a bottle of pills in her mouth. "And that is why." He said before he took what he needed to. "I'll be honest with you I've got absolutely no food and can't be assed to make coffee right now. Do you know any good places for breakfast? I'll pay."

Britt looked at Alex for a moment. She had half expected him to want nothing to do with her. She saw a soft smile appear on her lips and it unconsciously relaxed her.

"I know a place but you're not paying." He chuckled.

"But I am." He said but before he could even grab his keys Britt's phone began to ring. She looked down at it before looking back up at him. "Go ahead you don't gotta explain." She flashed him a smile before she exited the kitchen and took it. Alex leaned against the counter watching her as she paced the room talking to what he would assume was one of her friends. Once she had finished she returned to the kitchen.

"I hate to do this to you but I'm going to have to take a rain check on breakfast. A few of the people that I work with found out about what happened and they're going to be here shortly." He chuckled and a small smile appeared on his lips.

"Don't worry about it. You honestly probably would've been bored ten minutes in and regretted it." He could see her looking him up and down.

"I highly doubt that." She stated. "Plus you need to show me more of what she can do." He chuckled before he grabbed a rope toy.

"This is my favorite one. Grab this and tell her to..." His voice dropped. "Take you home." She looked at him.

"She'll know where to go?" He smiled before slightly shrugging.

"We're going to find out. She knows back to here and used to be able to take other people back home so we'll see if she remembers." His hand came out and she grabbed the toy from it but not before their fingers brushed ever so slightly. Unlike the night before this time Britt felt something between them. Opting to ignore it she looked at Alex who was looking at her differently. Almost like he was confused.

"So just say those words to her?" He nodded before her eyes met his. "I'm sorry again for everything. Didn't really want to meet you this way." He chuckled before he shook his head.

"Don't worry about it. While I definitely would've liked to meet on better terms was probably for the best." He looked at her for a moment and she could tell he was about to say something he rarely told others. "I'm not much of a people person so trying to chat with me wouldn't have gone very well. I tend to keep to myself so as unfortunate it was for us to meet the way we did in a way I'm almost glad we did." She smiled at him earning the smile she got back.

"Well I promise next time I won't be knocking on your door at one in the morning." He chuckled.

"Wasn't really knocking was more like trying to break my door down. But no less I would still answer." She moved closer and he knew he was in for a hug. Instead of bracing for it like he normally did he simply let it happen before returning it.

"Thank you." She said quietly into his chest. Carefully she pulled away before he nodded. She looked at him and for a moment she felt bold. "Could I get your number? So that way next time I don't have to break down your door." He chuckled before nodding.

"Of course." He said before the two exchanged numbers. Once she had put her phone away the two slowly walked towards his front door. "If you don't get that door fixed by the end of the night let me know. Last thing you need is to not have a door."

"That I will." She said with a smile. "I should probably get going. But I will definitely show you the best breakfast spot around here soon. Can't have you missing out on amazing food." She could see a smile appear on his face as he opened the door for her.

"I just might like that." When Alex saw Britt look at his dog, he chuckled. "Ripley, take her home." The pup almost immediately did as she was told. "You're not keeping her though." He said before he heard Britt laugh.

"That's what you think but you're the one that sent her home with me." She turned back as she heard his laugh and could see him sitting on the steps of his porch making sure she got home alright. She could tell he wasn't one for formal goodbyes so she left it at that. But she knew she would be make a point to find out more about him. Even if she had to push him out of her comfort zone.

Ripley walked Britt home with a wagging tail and by the time they arrived, Jamie and Toni were pulling up to the house. The dog grabbed her toy before running back to Alex who gave her a quick wave before disappearing back into his house. The two women eyed her as they noticed the mysterious man's actions. Jamie was the first one to question it

"So who is that?" Britt looked between the two of them before sighing as she walked towards her house. She didn't really know how to explain it to them.

"He's the one that saved me from the jackasses that broke in." She could see the two looking over at his house before they looked at her.

"Are you okay?" Toni asked before she shrugged.

"I don't really know if I'm being honest." The two smashed her into a hug and she couldn't help the sigh of relief she released. "Like it's nice to know I have someone like him next door but like fuck me that was one of the scariest things I have ever been through."

"You are not sleeping here tonight." Jamie commented before Britt nodded.

"No no I'm not. I would like to be far away from this house once the door is fixed." The three spoke for a few more minutes before they texted a few of their fellow wrestlers and had a few of the men coming to fix her door. Once that was set up they moved towards the house to pack a bag of her things so she could spend the night with them.

By the time the door was fixed and her bag was in the back of the other women's car Britt could see Alex exiting his house. She stopped watching him for a moment as she saw him slip a motorcycle helmet over his head before he hopped on a motorcycle and took off.

"Jamie I think Britt's got the hots for him." Toni said earning the eye roll she got from Britt. Her answer intrigued both of them.

"I do not. He's just.... Different."