Airports

Alex walked up to the baggage claim right as a group of people came down the escalator and into large space. As he looked at the screen telling him where he needed to be he could feel someone press into his back.

"Thank you for coming in." Britt said before he turned around. She just about immediately hugged him. He returned it as he replied.

"You really think I was just going to leave you to mash through a hundred people for your bag. Especially with one arm." She looked up at him and he could see a nasty black eye forming. Without even thinking his hand went to her chin as he inspected the bruise. She could see a slight frown form along his lips before he pulled away finally realizing where his hand was. "And tell me again why you wrestle?"

"Because I love it and this isn't as bad as it could've been." He shook his head. The previous night she had been thrown off the stage into the table and as she landed a speaker came loose and landed atop her. It was a bad spot to say the least and didn't leave the best picture in Alex's new to wrestling mind.

"You're crazier than I thought." She simply laughed at him before they heard a buzzer go off signaling that bags were being distributed. "Come on let's go find your bag. What am I looking for?" She adjusted her sling before attempting to grab her carry on that he just about immediately took from her grasp.

Britt told him the bag to look for before they found it and went off towards his truck. As he stopped in front of an old rust bucket she looked at him confused.

"What?" Alex asked noticing her look

"This is not what I was expecting." He chuckled.

"It runs amazing and the rust is just the look. I'd take this over whatever the fuck you drive any day." She scoffed.

"My car is amazing. Does this even have a radio?" He nodded.

"It does but oh my god I'm so sorry you can't be a passenger princess because if you want the window down you've got to crank it yourself." He said as he put her bags into the bed of the truck. Once he was done she shoved him with her good arm.

"If I need it down you're doing it asshole." He chuckled before the two of them moved to the passenger side of the car. He carefully helped her in and could see her face change as she looked at her phone.

"You alright?" Her good hand was quickly typing away. He knew better than to be nosy and read over her shoulder so he carefully closed the door and walked around to the driver side. As he got in he could hear her sniffle. "Britt?" She turned to him and he could see tears in her eyes. Within seconds she was wrapped in a careful warm hug.

"I-I'm sorry.... T-They just told me that I might have fractured my collar bone." Britt said a bit later as she carefully pulled away. Without even thinking Alex carefully wiped her tears away. This time as her thumb met his cheek she leaned into his touch.

"S'alright." He said quickly as he pulled away realizing what he was doing. "Let's just get you home so you can have a decent sleep. I'm sure you didn't have much of one if you spent it in the hospital." She nodded staying silent still thinking about the ramifications of the injury and the fact that she was going to be out of work at both jobs for awhile. As he started the car she felt around trying to find the seatbelt.

"Is there a belt in this thing?" She could see out of the corner of her eye his eyes go wide. "You really live dangerously don't you?"

"Um.... Kind of. I'll take the backroads I honestly didn't even think about it. But yeah I don't like seatbelts. The one car I had them in they did nothing to stop me being ejected and then caught my leg up so bad that I nearly lost it. I don't fuck with them so they don't fuck with me." She looked over at him.

"Well from now on we're driving my car if we go anywhere together." He chuckled.

"If that makes you feel safer that's fine. I promise you though I won't drive like an asshole." Carefully she moved closer to him thankful of the bench seat the truck had. As he backed out of the space he could feel her hand on his bicep holding on. He turned the radio on once they were on the way back to their neighborhood.

Alex's hand stayed along the shifter as he felt Britt's head move to rest along his shoulder. He knew she was starting to fall asleep. He felt her lean into him more and knew that she was fully asleep. He opted to take the long way knowing that it would give her a bit more time to sleep. Nearly an hour later they arrived at his house. Once the car was stopped he looked over at her having the mental dilemma of whether or not to wake her up. Carefully his hand moved to rest along her thigh before gently shaking her.

"Britt...." She mumbled something in her sleep. "Britt...." His words were slightly louder and he could see her tired eyes open. "Do you want me to take you back to your place or...?"

"Would you mind?" He shook his head as he saw her fighting the sleep. Without any hesitation he opened the door, he slid out of the car careful of her before she was gently scooped up. Her good arm wrapped around his neck as she leaned into him. "Thank you." She mumbled tiredly.

"Don't worry about it Britt." The words he spoke were soft. If she wouldn't have been as tired as she was the words would've shocked her. Instead he could feel her falling asleep in his arms. Her head buried into him and he tensed. He didn't know what to do. He carefully got her into the house before making his way over to the recliner he had knowing it would be better for her in the condition she was in. As he went to set her down he felt her fingers grasp onto his shirt.

"Please don't go." The words were said in her sleep and they stopped him in his tracks. Alex looked down at her almost like he was checking to see if she was actually asleep. He stood in place for a few moments before he made the decision to sit in the chair with her in his lap. As Ripley came running over to him she looked between the two before she hopped into the chair next to them and put her head into Britt's lap.

Alex however had no idea what to do. His hands stayed on the chairs fabric for the longest time. Carefully he leaned the recliner back wanting to make them both more comfortable. As she fell deeper and deeper into sleep she curled into him her face burying into his shirt. Slowly the lack of sleep from the night before and the warmth of her crept up on him. His eyes closed and he was sound asleep.

In his sleep Alex's arms wrapped around her gently. Her fingers grasped at his shirt before a long sigh escaped her lips.

Their bodies just about melted together.

The two slept for hours.