Twenty-Seven

Meredith's POV

"Congratulations Emily." Emily and George are engaged and are going to city hall next week. Addison and I are their witnesses but Lexie, Mark and Eleanor are coming for support. Emily looks up at me with a smile on her face.

"Thanks Meredith." Emily tells me while rubbing her stomach and I noticed the fresh scars on her wrists.

"My mom tried to kill herself when I was around five and I had to call an ambulance to pick her up. I haven't gone through what you've gone through, but I do understand what it's like to feel alone."

"Addison told me yesterday but I didn't want to bring it up because it's not my story to tell." Emily tells me.

"Are you still seeing Katharine?" I asked, referring to Dr. Katharine Wyatt a psychiatrist at the hospital.

"Yeah. My appointment is in an hour." Emily replied before drinking her tea.

"Your dad seems nice." Emily's father Henry was staying in town longer to help Emily with her twins. Emily's having twins because it runs in her family on both sides and apparently James is a triplet so that doubled her odds.

"Dad's the best. When my parents divorced, Dad filed for sole custody of me but my mom won. Now the judge is my stepfather, which is ironic because he broke so many laws to rule in my mother's favour. Don't you have a surgery with the bloody wanker to get to?" Emily says, referring to Derek as a bloody wanker.

"George and I swapped for this case. I am on break for the next couple of hours and George asked me to keep you company."

"He worries too much, but I love that about him." Emily said before eating her lunch.

"Do you know what you two are having?"

"A little boy and a little girl. I have the names picked out. Finn George for my son and Sarah Cassandra for my daughter. I was going to have Addison as her middle name but I just wanted to honour my grandmother." Emily explained to me and I nodded in understanding.

"Did you run these with George?"

"That was the first person I went to before talking to you and Addison." Emily says with a smile before hugging me and I hugged her back.

"Thanks for the hug. But what brought this on?"

"Just am happy to have a sister in you Meredith." Emily tells me and I couldn't help but smile.

"I'm glad that you are a sister to me too."

                                           ***********************

Lexie's POV

"Hello." Cristina says as I walked over to her.

"I was just helping Meredith collate. I'm on my way to check on your patients right now."

"That's fine. Take your time. You've gotten more hours ever since Eleanor left the hospital, so take the next few hours off." Cristina says and I raise an eyebrow at her.

"You seem cheerful."

"I'm getting my groove back. Meredith gave me the sparkle pager." Cristina said while showing me the pager. Meredith explained why this pager was special and I was jealous that I couldn't compete for it this year. But I know that Cristina needed it a lot more right now, so I'm happy that she got it. Izzie stormed over to us and glared at Cristina.

"What?" Izzie asks when Meredith walked over to us.

"She needed it for her mojo and we're not friends Izzie." Meredith tells Izzie.

"Oh, you'd waste the sparkle pager. I need it to get out from under Hahn. I won't have to beg her for OR time if I have the pager." Cristina before I looked over at Meredith. Eleanor wanted to stay home with Alex so she could play with Winnie today. She's also worried about Rebecca and I was worried that she'd see something that she shouldn't see.

"I just got off the phone with Alex and he said they're watching movies. Addison's getting off work early to go stay with Eleanor." Meredith tells me before I hug her and she hugs me back.

"Thank you Meredith."