Twenty-One

Addison's POV

"Welcome back. How was your vacation?" Dr. Bailey greets Eleanor and I.

"Good. Wewe Mama?" Eleanor pipes up, causing Dr. Bailey to lightly chuckle. Meredith walks over to us and I immediately hugged her.

"Auntie Mewwy!" Eleanor happily exclaimed before Meredith picked Eleanor up and hugged her.

"Hi my sweet girl. Did you and Auntie Addie have fun?" Meredith asked Eleanor who nodded with a big smile on her face.

"Eleanor is a little fishy in the water."

"I'm sure she is. How about I take Eleanor while you go talk to Mark?" Meredith suggested to me and I nodded before the two of them leave. Heading to the lab, I see Mark growing my patient's skin flap and it looks great.

"Well, amazing, right? I pulled a couple of stem cells from the baby in utero, six weeks later, I have grown skin, like God." Mark says with a smile before hugging me and I hugged him back.

"Ego's still huge, I see?"

"Except now, I grow skin for babies ... like God." Mark says, causing me to playfully roll my eyes at him.

"Thanks for my skin flap. Now if you want to see Eleanor, she's with Meredith." I tell Mark before walking out of the room and I bumped into Alex.

"Addison." Alex says before I hugged him and he hugged me back.

"Hello Alex. So you're my guy, huh?"

"You think I'd let anyone else in on a case like this?" Alex tells me before seeing our old patient Ava/Rebecca Pope exiting the elevator.

"Uh, I'll catch up with you in a second." Alex says before running after her.

*********************

Meredith's POV

"All right, well, you know ... so it seems like there's been a lot of change, even since the last checkup. His behavior's been getting more erratic?" I ask Jennifer Robinson while checking on her husband Phillip Robinson. Eleanor was sitting on the chair beside Jennifer while holding her teddy.

"That's a nice way of putting it." Jennifer replied before giving a small smile to Eleanor.

"Well, you've been incredibly strong, Jennifer. This is ... you've been incredibly strong."

"You know, if you really want to help, Dr. Grey, you could bring some single men by." Phillip tells me, causing Jennifer's eyes to widen in shock.

"Phillip ... please stop." Jennifer begged him, causing Eleanor to look up with concern on her face.

"Jennifer, we're in a hospital full of eligible doctors, and you're a waitress with no prospects who needs to learn how to use her ass to catch a new guy before I bite the dust!" Phillip yells before laughing.

"It's just the tumour talking. It's just the tumour talking. It is. It's just the tumour talking." Jennifer mutters to herself.

"I can't see anything!" Phillip says before Derek heads over to him and Eleanor looks worried.

"No response to light." Derek muttered while examining our patient.

"If I remember correctly, you're a good-looking guy, right? You know, just 'cause I'm blind doesn't mean you can ignore me, you sick, twisted bastard! Playing games with people's lives, slicing open people's brains!" Phillip yelled.

"Mr. Robinson, I'm sorry, but I believe it's possible the tumour is infiltrating the optic nerve. We are operating right now!" Derek tells him before wheeling Phillip's bed out of the room.

"Jennifer this isn't easy, I know."

"My husband is probably going to die today and all he can do is try to fix me up with other men. And I know, I know it's the tumour talking, but if he dies, my last memory is going to be of him calling me a piece of ass." Jennifer tells me before leaving the room and I gave my niece a smile.

"That was pretty scary, huh?" Eleanor nodded in response before the two of us headed to the cafeteria and Lexie walked over to us.

"Mama!!" Eleanor happily exclaimed before running over to Lexie, who picked her up and placed kisses on Eleanor's cheeks.

"Mama missed you so much little butterfly." Lexie tells Eleanor with a smile on her face.

"Mawk and Winnie too?" Eleanor asked Lexie with that adorable expression of curiosity on her face.

"They missed you too. Winnie had to sleep in my bed because she didn't have her friend there." Lexie tells Eleanor before the three of us grabbed our food and headed towards our separate tables.

"What's the matter with you?" I asked Cristina with a raised eyebrow.

"I need the sparkle pager." Cristina says, referring to the pager that I won from Dr. Bailey.

"She's not giving you the sparkle pager." Izzie tells Cristina and I scoffed in response.

"May I remind you that you are on scut and because of that all of your interns went to me." George tells Izzie. Izzie's on scut for what she did to Eleanor and her interns got transferred to us. George also retook his intern exam yesterday and passed, so he's now a resident like the rest of us.

"It's because you told Webber!" Izzie yells at me.

"Of course I did! You abused my niece in so many ways and I'm not going to let you get away with that." Eleanor runs over to me and I bent down to her level with a smile on my face.

"Hi sweet girl. Is there something you need?"

"Hug please." Eleanor tells me and I hugged her before she runs back to her table.