"Brilliant." Luka said winningly, using the hand on my hip to steer me to the door. "We're just going to be in the restaurant with Al if you need anything. Let's roll Ang, apparently Dimitri doesn't mind lending you out."

The second we had joined Alexi in Dimitri's elevator I whirled on Luka. "Lending me out? You make me sound like a by-the-hour hooker!"

He let out a sound that was suspiciously like a snort. "Actually I made you sound like Dimitri's property." He and Alexi exchanged knowing looks at that. "Trust me, appealing to his possessiveness is the angle you want to be going for."

"And what was with the look you two had in there?" I asked, not done questioning him. Luka just grinned, patting my head like I had just rolled over or played-dead. It was annoying habit both he and Alexi had whenever I was amusing them.

"Relax Angie, it's just brother stuff." I wasn't sure I believed him, but we had reached the fifth floor, where there was an employee restaurant we occasionally frequented when we couldn't be bothered going out for lunch.

Once we'd gotten into a booth and ordered, Luka and Alexi immediately began subtly, and then outright, begging me for Sabina and Dahlia's numbers. I was under strict instructions not to give them out until Wednesday, so that I could "gage their level of eagerness and attentiveness" for the girls.

Which was pretty irrelevant at this point considering the fact that Sabina was literally seconds away from letting Alexi fuck her on top of our club table. I thought to myself.

We had been sitting there for half an hour, and we were starting to worry that the plan wasn't going to work. Outright inviting Dimitri to lunch when he had never shown any inclination of wanting to join us before (and when we had never offered) obviously wasn't going to work.

So instead Alexi had purposely omitted some details from a report he had sent Dimitri, knowing that he would need them. I was flattered that Alexi and Luka were such good friends that they were willing to go to such trouble for my silly little idea. Though, when I'd given them my very embarrassed and slightly drunk thanks on Friday, they had just laughed and told me that it was "worth it to mess with Dimitri".

Finally, Alexi's iPhone rang, and he waggled his eyebrows at me before checking the caller Id. He didn't answer the call.

"Ah, predictable Mitri. Falling right into my trap like a little lamb to the slaughter house." Luka and he cracked up at that, though I didn't get why it was so funny. "You guys are weird." I grumbled.

"Okay, so time for us to go stall for a little while...it's all up to you now Ang."

"Yeah, and if there are any confidence issues, remember that your tits are looking great in that top." Alexi said.

"I'm telling Sabina you said that!" They were already walking away when I called after Alexi, but I'm pretty certain he heard when I saw his massive shoulders flinch.

Both he and Luka were going to hide a discreet distance away so that they could watch. I wasn't too happy about that, but they assured me it was a good idea for them to judge Dimitri's responses. I was pretty positive they just wanted to laugh at me.

I pulled out the novel I had started on Saturday morning, trying to calm the automatic blush as I skipped to my bookmarked page.

I was actually slightly immersed in the novel when I felt the butterflies in my stomach, which was my spidey-senses telling me that that Dimitri was close. I felt, rather then saw, his eyes scanning over the busy restaurant, before he was suddenly striding over to me.

"Sorry to interrupt you, Miss. Jones, but is my brother here? There's some information I urgently need from him. " He asked, giving the hidden cover of my book a quick glance. The guys had told me that Dimitri was one of those people who loved to know what books people were reading, so I knew he was dying to ask what it was.