Chapter 26: Night Four: 3 a.m.

Absolutely...just...wow fanart by cyberspaces THANK YOU X HOPE IT SHOWS UP
-

Ashton

"Calum, you alright? Wake up man..." I shake Calum gently as his eyes start to flicker open slightly.

"My head hurts." He grumbles as he sits up, wiping off his eyes.

"You hit it pretty hard when you passed out." I nod, "But Freddy is gone now, so we should be fine for a while."

Calum slowly nods, standing up on shaky legs. He walks over to the desk where Mike and Luke are seated. The two of them raise their brows at Calum's tired state.

"Did you see anything, Calum?" Luke asks, sitting on the top of the desk.

Calum looks up and nods sadly.

"Apparently, Freddy's spirit is named Frank. He's a bit older than the other kids." He says in a small voice, "I'm sure you'll see him sometime. Here Luke, I'll take over the tablet."

Luke hands over the tablet to Calum without hesitation, then jumping off the desk and heading over to the now closed door to watch both vents.

Calum's eyes widen when he flips the camera view to the Prize Counter.

"Have you guys wound this up at all? There's a huge warning triangle on the screen." He asks as he winds up the box, making the orange triangle disappear.

"Yeah, it's been going down way faster than normal." Michael shrugs, "Whatever is in the box is getting agitated."

"I don't have any desire to meet it, so let's keep a close eye on it." Calum says, winding the box up for the second time.

"Good plan." Luke says, checking the vents.

So far, besides our voices, there's been no noises. No footsteps, no voices, nothing. Part of that is unsettling, part is reassuring. Where are they?

"I think I can hear Mangle coming into the vents." Luke says softly as he flocks the lights on.

"Awe, she misses me." I roll my eyes sarcastically, "I think I have a new phobia of foxes thanks to her and Foxy."

"I don't blame you, Ash." Luke chuckles as Mangle's radio static fades away once again.

"Do you think those kids might actually try not to kill us?" Calum asks suddenly, "All of them have seemed really sorry for hurting and scaring us...Maybe that's why it's so quiet?"

"It's possible," I nod, leaning against the desk, "I mean, Felix nearly cried because of Foxy scratching me..."

Just thinking about the little red head saddens my heart. I shake the thoughts away and look back up at Calum.

"Hey guys, I found another article." Michael says in a soft voice, picking up a piece of paper from a filing cabinet.

"What does it say?" I ask curiously and walk towards Mike.

"Local Pizzeria Said to Close by Year's End

After a long struggle to stay in business after the tragedy that struck there many years ago, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza announced that it will be closing its doors by year's end.

The company had been searching for a potential buyer but other companies have been unwilling to be seen with the franchise.

"These characters will live on. In the hearts of children, they will live on," said the CEO"