Chapter 15: Preparing

Ashton

"Luke, your brothers have some old baseball bats right?" I ask, digging through some boxes in the basement.

"Yeah," Luke calls from upstairs, "they're down there somewhere!"

There's no way I'm letting me or any of my friends get hurt. I would hate to get fined for causing damage to the robots, but I feel like my life is a higher cost. If I get cornered, I'm going to fight back.

"Found them!" Calum shouts from the room next to me. I hear some crashing and I assume Calum has dropped the box on his head. My theory is confirmed when I hear Calum swear loudly.

"Ow!" He whines, rubbing his head as he walks out with the box of bats.

I chuckle a little at him, earning a scowl from the dark haired boy.

"Don't smirk at me, I feel half dead." He scoffs, setting the box on a table.

"How many of these are there?" I ask, shifting through the box to find some metal ones.

"I don't know, you can count." Calum says grumpily.

"Jeez, someone's in a mood." I look back up at him.

His face is not amused. Calum seems really tense and the veins on his arms are showing. The lack of sleep has obviously taken a toll on him.

"Calum, I'm sorry I didn't mean to-" I try to apologize before he cuts me off.

"Ashton, it's fine." He sighs, running his fingers through his hair before putting his snapback back on, "How are your scratches?"

I shrug, which causes me to wince a little bit. Granted, I had taken some pain medicine and put rubbing alcohol and bandages on my chest but they still burn.

"I'm alright." I say, looking away from him.

Calum starts to say something before Luke dashes down the stairs, holding some walkie talkies in his hands.

"Hey, you guys find the bats?" He breathes, resting his arms on the table.

"Yeah, there's enough for each of us to have one." I nod.

"Good." Luke says, pulling out a pad of paper and pencil out of a drawer, "Now, let's make a plan."

We lay out the baseball bats and walkie talkies on the table, pairing then up in piles. Calum has also brought more flashlights and spare batteries. Michael said he would be here in a while, he had to get some more supplies from his house.

"Okay," Luke furrows his brows in concentration as he draws something on the paper, "based on what we've seen on camera, we can draw this out and make predictions on what we may see."

He draws various boxes all over the paper, connecting them and labeling them. "Vents." "Party Room." Back Room...."

After he's finished with the model, he turns to us.

"Okay, so what do we know about each room?" He asks, tapping his chin with the pencil.

"We know that Chica and Bonnie, the old ones, can get into the office through the vents and the party rooms." I tell him.

Luke nods and jots down some bullet points by each of the rooms that I mentioned.

"Foxy stays mainly in the hall, but he also can be in his Cove." Calum takes another pencil and writes that down by the Cove and the hall.

"All the toy ones can go to the vents and party rooms." Luke mutters, sticking his tongue out as he writes.

"Mangle can go almost anywhere, and Balloon Boy can get into the vents." I take another pencil and put that on the map.