- 8 6 -

I guess I did cheat on Adam. 

At least that's what the recording of me says.

"That's-... T-that's not me." I whisper, eyes wide as I stare at the phone in his hands before looking up at him.

"I don't know how it sounds just like you." He said confused.

Adam had just explained his part of the story to me, and to say I was shocked would be an understatement.

Apparently, someone had sent him pictures of me, with George and then some with Michael, all that made us seem like a couple in love. 

Ew.

And then there was the video of me going to George's apartment that day even though we all know why I was actually there.

Finally, there were voice recording of me, telling Michael I still loved him and that I didn't care for Adam at all and was only interested in his money. More than one recording, actually.

Bullshit, I know.

"I can't believe this." I leaned back on the bench we were sitting on after taking a walk around the park when he leaned back as well and sighed.

"I'll have someone look into this." He said and I nodded, rubbing my temples before looking at the time on my phone.

We had been out all day long, and now my feet were hurting and I wanted to go home, curl up under my blanket and eat a tub of ice cream, perhaps watch a movie with Aaron and listen to his corny jokes.

"I want to go home." I said suddenly, the crack in my voice unmistakable as I stood up and turned away from Adam.

"Baby, I'm sorry." He whispered, lightly touching my shoulder but I shrugged his hand off.

"I understand everything, Adam, I really do. But what I don't get is why you didn't listen to me. Give me a chance to talk, to hear me out, my side of the story." I said exasperated as a tear slipped from my eye.

"I don't know why you didn't trust me." I whispered, rubbing my arms absent minded when he came to stand in front of me.

"I don't know what came over me at that moment. I can't believe I said all that shit to you." He said regretfully.

"I did trust you, Belle, I still do. At that moment, I just didn't understand why you would do such a thing. And truth be told, I was scared." He confessed and my eyes snapped to his.

"I was scared of losing you. I made the mistake of trusting Milani, and look what she did to me. Made me a man whore, a cold, heartless bastard but you brought me back together. You made me feel. You made me love. All for you, sweetheart." He said, drawing closer to me.

"I was scared of losing you so much that I pushed you away myself before you could hurt me. And I feel like a fucking piece of shit because of that." He said and I sniffled, nodding.

"You really were a piece of shit. Still are." I admitted and heard his small chuckle as he shook his head.

"But when I say I'm sorry, I really am, baby. All I want is your forgiveness. I couldn't live with myself if you didn't forgive me." He said and I nodded, wiping my tears away.

"I need time." I said slowly and saw him nod.

"I understand. Come on, let's get you home." He held out his hand and I looked at it for a moment before taking it, his warmth engulfing me as we walked back to my place.

"Where are you staying?" The question was out of my mouth before I could stop it as I unlocked my door.

"Uh-... I'm not sure." He said scratching the back of his head when I bit my lip in thought.