- 6 -

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

Arthur had to practically drag me to his office and made me sit on his chair, then pulled me towards him and kneeled down in front of me.

"Belle? Is everything okay darling? You looked pretty tense out there. Did that man do something to you?" Arthur asked me, concern visible in his tone.

I sighed. Again.

"No. Everything's fine. I'm okay, sorry. Was that someone important?" He just shrugged his shoulders and I nodded my head.

"Is he going to be in the meeting today?" He nodded. I groaned in frustration.

Arthur looked too confused to understand anything so I told him the whole story. From the scene at the cafe to now, watching his amused expressions.

"Is it something I'll regret later?" I asked him carefully, fiddling with my fingers.

"Eh. But you were so awesome, Bels, you should've seen your face, you were so angry." He sounded too excited so I figured something fishy was going on.

"Just pent up frustration and anger I guess." I replied casually. Too casually.

"Anyway, we should really go now, Lance will be waiting for us, and I don't think he's going to start the meeting until you're there." Arthur tried to be considerate but I didn't blame him.

I was the one to blame. I created that scene, and now I'd have to apologise to that asshole for something I didn't do.

Calm down, B, calm down. Take a deep breath, and just go.

I sat up from the seat, fixed my clothes and was about to walk out when Arthur took my hand.

"B, the glasses." Was all he said, and I understood.

Taking off my glasses, I looked in the mirror to look at myself, then walked out of the room, Arthur close behind. The walk to the boardroom was long. Too long to be precise.

Employees all straightened up when I passed them and no one dared to look me in the eye, as if I would crush them to pieces.

Jeez, was I that intense?

Upon reaching I took a deep breath and opened the boardroom doors, Arthur right behind me, and it took a lot of effort to not run out because the moment I entered, each pair of eyes turned to look at me, including the ones I'd just insulted and without my glasses, I felt bare.

As I made my way to the front of the boardroom where everyone had gathered, people stretched out their hands one by one, introducing themselves, but I didn't answer, just nodded my head.

As I reached closer to Lance, he looked at me intently before nodding and I took that as a sign to come forward and shake hands with the three people standing beside him and Tristan.

As soon as I reached them, Tristan put his arm around my shoulders which helped me relax, although I felt the atmosphere shift as I saw an unreadable emotion pass through the man's face in front of us.

I took this moment to scan him, watching as he did the same with me.

I have to be honest though, he was very good looking, a perfect jawline, light stubble and slicked back hair with his dark blue eyes that looked nearly black, he looked handsome as ever.

He stood ever so gracefully with his hands in his pant pockets just staring at me for no reason at all, when the girl came forward first, breaking our heated eye contact.

"Aveline Thorne, it's so nice to meet you. You are so beautiful!" She exclaimed which made me smile, and I said a small thank you before the younger man held out his hand to me and I took it.

"Aidan Thorne, a pleasure to meet such a beautiful woman in such a dull meeting." I chuckled, noticing my brother's glares directed towards the poor guy who looked to be my age.

Lastly, the man in front of me took out his hands from his pockets and held it out to me, which I took hesitantly.

I saw him smirk faintly, which disappeared when he looked into my eyes like he did in the morning, standing there for a few seconds with my hand in his, until Lance cleared his throat and the man looked around and finally spoke.

"Adam Thorne, a pleasure to meet you, miss?" His deep, velvety voice made me hold back a shudder before I registered his words in my mind, my blood running cold.

And that was when it felt like the world had slipped from beneath my feet.

Literally.

***

Turns out Isabelle flipped out on the most cold and domineering CEO. But will he take revenge on her or will he let it go?

Keep reading to find out!

Question of the Day: Have you ever embarrassed your family not on purpose?

Vote, comment & share!