- 6 3 -

- A D A M - T H O R N E -

Watching her hair bounce as she ran into the arms of her brother, something tugged at my heart as I observed her, the ring I gave her glinting as the sunlight hit it, evoking a feeling of pride in me.

She's mine, all mine.

"Why weren't you picking up your phone this morning?" Lance asked her frowning when they pulled away from each other.

"Yeah, sorry... I was just really tired from yesterday and overslept." She said smiling sheepishly when my thoughts went to yesterday's interview, anger coursing through my veins and my jaw clenching tightly.

"Did you take care of it?" Lance's voice brought me out of my thoughts as my gaze snapped to his and a small smirk graced my lips.

"Took care of it last night. They won't know what hit them." I said, watching Lance throw a mischievous smirk my way while my girl looked between us with a small frown on her face.

They messed with the wrong girl.

My girl.

"Took care of what?" She asked softly, her eyes connecting with mine as I stood up from my seat and walked over to her.

"Nothing sweetheart, just some work related matters." Lance said giving her a cautious glance and I could tell she didn't believe him, but let it pass.

"Okay." She mumbled when a knock on the door brought us all out of our thoughts and Liam walked in, followed by a nervous Lucas.

"Sir, we've traced some bank accounts that have been transferring large amounts of money withing the last few months, from within our company." Lucas said, handing me a folder. Rose came to stand next to me, peeking over at the file.

"And did you find who it was?" I asked not looking up from the file as I stared at the long list of zeroes.

"No sir, the person who's done it has hidden their identity very well, indicating that he or she has done this before and has an idea on how to do these type of things." Liam added, glancing at Belle and giving her a small smile.

She smiled back at him in return causing me to grunt under my breath as I pulled her close to me, wrapping an arm around her waist as my eyes connected with Liam's in a glare and then briefly with Lance, who watched us amused.

"Then why the fuck are you here?" I snapped, causing Belle to stiffen and flinch slightly at my harsh tone. 

I immediately felt awful for speaking in front of her that way and kissed her temple, making her relax in my arms once again as I eyed the two men in front of me.

"We wanted to ask you what our next step should be until our team's working on finding the person responsible." Liam said.

"I want the bank account's and information, all transfers and everything related to be checked for every person working for me, be it the janitors or the board members. I want them all checked out thoroughly and the results on my desk first thing tomorrow morning." I said firmly, watching as they nodded and left the room silently.

"Well, I guess that's my cue to leave." Lance said checking the time on his watch as Belle moved towards him, leaving me cold.

"Already?" She asked to which he nodded.

"Duty calls sweetheart. I'll see you later, yeah?" He said kissing her forehead to which she nodded absent minded.

"Alright." She mumbled, watching her brother's retreating back as we were left alone in the office once again, making my mind wander off to all the things I could do to her in here.