- 2 2-

- I S A B E L L E - E D W A R D -

Walking to my brothers I could feel their anger but I decided to ignore them... Completely.

"Did you have fun Belle?" Arthur came close to me and said sarcastically.

"Oh you have no idea! Adam is such a good dancer, I could go for another round." I linked my arm with Adam's who now stood beside me with a shocked face.

It looked quite funny though.

Arthur looked between us then glared at Adam.

Like I said, funny.

Adam chuckled and looked at me, then understood what I was doing. 

"Really? And I thought you were the better dancer. But if you insist, I have no problem with another round." He smirked at my brothers, who were now fuming with anger.

"Isabelle. A word." Was all Lance said and left. I rolled my eyes and followed him.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He finally spoke when we were away from the crowd.

"Enjoying myself. It is a party after all, isn't it?" I asked him sarcastically.

"Enjoy as much as you want, but you are to stay away from Adam Thorne. Do you understand?" He hissed.

"Whatever." I rolled my eyes and left.

I went back to everyone and Adam smiled at me, and I gave him a small smile in return. Just then Gareth came and took my arm and offered me a drink, which I gulped down immediately, watching Adam's smile disappear.

"Whoa there! Slow down cowgirl." Gareth laughed at me, taking my glass and putting on the nearest tray, then liked my arm through his again.

"You okay?" He asked, concerned.

"Hmm. Fine." I answered him and looked away.

Just then a woman with golden blonde hair came to us, with the biggest fake smile I'd ever seen. She was wearing a floor length pale yellow silky gown with a very large neckline. To be honest, her dress was way too revealing. She wore a lot of makeup, and I mean a lot.

She's like a second Olivia, I thought.

"Adam, darling! I missed you, where have you been all this time?" She said in the sweetest tone she could muster, fake smiles and all, and I stared at her, then glanced at Adam who had suddenly stiffened, an unreadable and cold expression on his face now clearly visible.

Who is she?

Everyone else turned around to see who the shrill voice belonged to, except Adam, who glanced at me quickly and I could sense his eyes asking for help.

Who is she? An ex, probably? But why is she here? Must be someone famous... I thought to myself and looked at her again, now standing in front of Adam, trying to grab his attention, while he looked at me.

"Adam, darling, why won't you speak to me? It's been ages since we talked!" She said, in a fake-hurt tone and I scoffed, but made sure no one heard me.

"Milani. Why are you here?" He asked her, now looking her in the eyes, full of intensity.

"What do you mean by that? I came to see you, obviously. Don't tell me you didn't miss me." She said again and looked at him flirtatiously, while Gareth chuckled beside me.

"Wow, she's as insufferable as Olivia." He said and I nodded my head, glancing at Adam again, who was now looking at me and I could see the pain in his eyes and his silent plea for help. That's when I did the stupidest thing ever.

Leaving Gareth's arm, I walked up to Adam, and quickly took his hand, linking my arm through his.

"Adam, sweetheart, you promised to get me a drink and you're still standing here?" He looked at me dumbfounded, and I did something I would regret later.

And the award for the most stupid person in the world goes to-...

Leaning forward, I put my lips on his, and gave him a quick peck, although I stood like that for nearly five seconds. 

His intoxicating cologne filled my nose and before his closeness made me do something more, I quickly  pulled away, looking at him in the eyes while he looked at me, shocked and surprised. Before someone noticed that I made it all up, I smiled at him widely.

"What? Don't tell me you forgot." I asked him dumbfounded, and he gave me a quick smile, and patted my arm.

"Oh I was just about to get it... sweetheart." He stressed the last word and gave me a smile that made my insides melt.

I then looked in front, tearing my gaze from his intense one, and at the woman who stood before us, and she looked shocked, dumbfounded, surprised and a little... furious?

"Hello there... Do I know you?" I asked, smiling tightly.

"Who are you?" She asked furiously and I could feel the anger in her tone, making me chuckle.

"Belle. Nice to meet you, Miss?" I asked her sincerely, with a hint of poison.

"Milani Woods. Adam's first love." She said and smirked at me, making my smile disappear, and Adam stiffen beside me.

Oh you're on.

"Oh. So you're that famous model." I asked her distracted.

Woods? No, it-it couldn't be.

"And you must be that famous designer." She looked me up and down, before I came to my senses.

"Yes. Isabelle Edward. Adam's last love." I smirked at her, stressing on my last name and 'last' and she seemed to recognize the people around me when she realized who I was.

Her smile disappeared and I looked into her eyes, and I could see the fear creep up on her face as she grew pale, when she backed away a step from us and I smirked at her reaction.

Just then a man with golden blonde hair and brown eyes like hers walked up to her and took her arm.. 

"Did you find him Milani?" He asked her and my whole body stiffened at that voice.

That voice.

"Yes, with his girlfriend." She hissed at me.

Woods... It can't be.

I dared to look up at him, my blood running cold and my grip on Adam's hand tightening by a very big amount that caused him to look at me with concern.

"Sweetheart? What's wrong?" He asked.

That's when the man looked up at me, a smile tugging at his lips, but disappearing when he saw Adam with me, holding my hand.

"Belle?" He said and I backed away a step, already sensing the painful memories from nearly two years ago flooding back inside, and slight tears forming in my eyes. I felt like I couldn't breathe.

Michael Woods.

And I felt myself falling back into the dark abyss I had crawled out of.

Fuck me.

* * *

What happens when Isabelle's haunting past resurfaces? Will she be able to cope or will she fall down once again? Keep reading to find out!

Question of the day: Coffee or Tea?

Vote, comment & share!