- 5 9 -

When I walked into Adam's office the next day hand-in-hand with Adam, all eyes were on us. It didn't help that he was running around yesterday looking for me, as amusing as it was. And let's not forget that he kissed me in front of nearly the whole workforce.

To say I was embarrassed would be an understatement.

Adam held his head high as people made way for us to walk through and with all three of my brothers behind me. I could literally see the women drooling.

Ugh.

I looked behind me and waved at Arthur who waved back as we walked towards the elevators.

I even saw Emma pass by and her eyes widened when she me and the entourage behind us. I waved at her briefly and she waved back in surprise as we entered the elevator and went up to the top floor.

I left Adam's hand when we reached the conference room and he frowned but before he could say anything, the doors opened and his assistant came out, sighing in relief.

"You're finally here Mr. Thorne. Everyone's waiting." He said and Adam threw me an 'I'll see you later' look and went inside.

I went to my brothers and we walked in together in the large room and took our assigned seats.

I sat beside Lance on my left and someone named James to my right. Adam sat at the head seat of the table and looked at me meaningfully and then the man beside me.

His cold and expressionless business face was now on and he literally oozed power. But it only drew me closer for some reason.

I guess I dig hot and cold CEO's now.

"Hello, I'm James Beckett. And you are?" James to my right spoke suddenly and I slowly turned to look at him. He sucked in a sharp breath when I looked directly into his eyes and smiled.

Gets them every time.

"Isabelle Edward." I said and held out my hand. 

He nodded, lost in a daze as he took my hand and shook it for longer than necessary. Lance cleared his throat suddenly and only then did James look behind me.

"Lance Edward." Lance said and shook James' hand who introduced himself as well. From the corner of my eye, I saw Adam looking at us carefully but I didn't look at him.

When we settled into our seats James turned to me again.

"You have stunning eyes." He said and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I said and he nodded. 

James was a good looking man, with dirty blonde hair and hazel colored eyes and a sharp jawline. He looked to be Adam's or Lance's age.

Not that I was interested.

"And are you the Isabelle Edward? As in, heiress of Edward George?" He asked and I nodded.

"Yes. That would be me. And are you the James Beckett? CEO of Beckett Enterprises?" I mimicked him and he chuckled.

"Yes, that would be me." He said and we talked about some random things before the meeting started. 

When the time came to present our company's project, Arthur presented our presentation and I explained the design since I was doing the designing.

Everyone's eyes were on me when I explained, including Adam who listened and watched so intently, but I didn't look at him.

When the meeting ended nearly two hours later, it was decided that Adam's, ours and James' company would be working together. 

Contracts were signed and were led to another room for some snacks and drinks. James approached me when I found myself alone after Tristan and Arthur ditched me for food.