- 5 7 -

I knew I had to eventually go into his office and face him, but I just wanted to annoy him for the hell of it.

What? Don't judge me.

I made my way into the elevator quickly and breathing sigh of relief when the doors closed, knowing I'd lost him somewhere. 

Just then the doors opened and a bunch of people entered and regarded me before settling. I was pushed to the back and bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I apologized to the man and turned around to face him.

"It's alright. You don't get a chance to meet a beautiful woman this often.

Or bump into one for that matter." He said and I chuckled. 

"Liam." He introduced himself and I smiled.

"Isabelle." I said and he gave me a charming smile.

"Lovely name. Suits you perfect." He said and I chuckled. 

"Which floor?" He asked and I shrugged.

"Just visiting a friend and thought I'd look around." I said and he nodded.

"I'd love to show you around if you'd like." He offered and I gave him my charming smile, that made guys go weak in the knees. 

He was clearly affected the way his smile faltered and he gulped. I smirked to myself and nodded at Liam.

"Sure, why not?" I said and we stopped at a random floor and got out.

"Is this your floor?" I asked him and he nodded.

"I'm the head of sales here." He said and I nodded. 

"You know anything 'bout business?" He asked and I looked around at the people working and then at him and smiled.

"I have brothers who work in this field, so yeah." I said and he nodded, gesturing me to go ahead.

Liam was a handsome man, and he knew it, the way he walked with confidence and carried himself. He was unfazed by the drooling girls around him who eyed him like a piece of candy. 

He had blonde hair that was neatly slicked back and green eyes. With a well built body, he was also tall.

"So what really brings you here Isabelle?" He asked.

"Please, call me Belle. I came here to meet a friend and for some project from my company where I work." I told him as we walked down the hallways.

"That's nice. Did you meet your uh... friend?" He asked again.

"Yeah kind of." I said and he chuckled.

"Kind of?" He asked and I shrugged. 

"Well, would you like lunch? I was heading o the cafeteria anyway." He offered.

"Oh I already had lunch before coming here, but I would like some water after running inside." I said and he chuckled.

"Of course, this way then." He gestured and I followed him after thanking him. 

We went to a very large cafeteria where people were sitting and chatting. He went ahead and grabbed me a bottle of water and grabbed himself a sandwich.

"Would you like to sit with my friends? If you want to, of course." He asked nervously and I smiled at him to ease the tension.

"Of course, I'd love to. I have time to spare anyway." I said and he smiled, more relaxed and lead me to a table where people were sitting.

At least till Adam cools down.

"Guys, this is Belle, I met her today." Liam introduced me to the group of people who all welcomed me with open arms.

"Hi, you're really pretty." A blonde girl said to me and I smiled at her boldness.

"Hi, thank you. You're really pretty too." I said and she gave me a big smile.

"I'm Emma." She introduced herself. The others also introduced me and I got to know the other girl beside her as Ayla. 

She had caramel skin and long curly black hair. There were two other guys there, one with brown hair and one with blonde hair.

The blonde haired guy introduced himself as Jose and the blonde haired guy was Dave. I sat with them, next to Liam and we talked for a while, getting to know more about them.

"You know, you look really familiar for some reason." Ayla said and I shrugged.

"I get that a lot." I told her and she nodded.

"You guys, you know the CEO was seen running in the office today." Emma said and I looked at her questioningly.

"Really? What happened?" I asked, drinking my water and she shrugged.

I guess I happened.

"I'm not sure, but there are many rumors." She said. The blonde guy, Dave, leaned forward.

"But they're saying something about a girl he was chasing." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"Really?" I said and they nodded.

Yup, definitely me.

"Yeah, it's weird. He is always so collected and cold. He's never one for chasing girls. Girls chase him." Ayla added and everyone agreed with her.

"But it was a funny sight. I saw him running around and searching around frantically for someone and then he cursed loudly in the middle of the lobby and shouted." Liam told me and I laughed as his arm came to rest on the back of my seat.

"What did he say?" I asked him and he chuckled.

"Everyone's talking about what he said. That person should be really scared." Jose laughed, and I looked around and every single word that reached my ears from the people around us was of an angry and frustrated CEO.

They all looked at each other grinning before Ayla spoke.

"He said, and I quote 'I know you're here somewhere and I'll teach you a lesson when we go home, just you wait.'" Ayla repeated and they all started laughing while I sat there frozen.

Great. 

Just great.

"You okay?" Liam asked me and I gave him a smile ad nodded.

"Yeah, I just remembered something." I gave him a small smile and he nodded.

Now what am I supposed to do?

For some reason I found it quite amusing too and was imagining Adam running around like a lost child. I chuckled at the thought but also felt a little bad for the poor guy. Just a little though.

I should really stop torturing him.

The noise in the cafeteria was not little because it was lunch time and all the workers and employees were having lunch. 

It was absolute chaos, but then it was not. Everything went quiet, and silence fell upon everyone.

The only sound was of a pair of footsteps that echoed throughout the cafeteria ad I looked around for the source of them but all I saw was shocked and surprised faces and gasps followed by barely audible whispers.

"What's wrong?" I whispered to Liam, leaning closer to him so that I could smell his cologne.

"He's-... He's here. He never comes here." Emma whispered with wide eyes and I looked around but I saw no one in particular so I turned back to Emma who sat like a frozen statue, just like everyone else.

One moment everyone was looking behind me and the next, everyone's eyes were on me. And I mean everyone. 

I felt the all too familiar cologne invade my senses and I knew the reason for everyone's quietness.

Bloody hell.

"Get your hands off of her." He growled and Liam quickly retracted his hand from behind me while I took a deep breath and stood up, not turning around to face him.

"You thought I wouldn't find you? I own this bloody place my love." He said and I gulped.

My love?

He's mad isn't he? Great.