- 8 0 -

"Where the fuck were you?" His cold voice reached my ears, making my frown deepen even more.

"What do you mean...? I-I don't understand. Are you aright, Adam?" I asked cautiously when he stood up from his place and slowly stalked towards me.

"When I ask you a question, you fucking answer!" He yelled, throwing the glass in his hand on the wall behind us as I stumbled back a step in fear and flinched.

"Adam." I said calmly, hoping it would calm him down as well.

"Did something happen?" I asked searching his face but it didn't give anything away when he chuckled humourlessly.

"Did something happen?" He repeated, looking at me incredulously.

"You tell me, Isabelle. What the fuck happened to 'us'?" He spat. 

I reached forward to touch him, to hold his hand, anything, but he took a step back, throwing me one of his deadliest glares.

"Don't you dare come near me." He said lowly and I could finally see the hurt swimming in his eyes under all that anger and fury.

What the hell happened?

"Adam, I-I don't understa-"

"Don't lie to me!" He boomed, his voice echoing in the empty area around us.

"Don't you dare fucking lie to again. I can't believe I actually fell for your 'I don't lie to anyone' bullshit." He said in distaste before pinning me with his sharp glare.

"So you think this was all fun and games, huh? You thought I was another bastard you could fool around with, make him fall for you, and then leave when you got bored?" He asked and I could see the vein popping on his forehead.

He was fuming.

"But I-"

"Don't." He held his hand up, stopping me from speaking.

"Don't say another word. I know all about what you've been doing behind my back these past few weeks." He said and my blood ran cold.

Did he know about the blackmailing?

"Did you really think I wouldn't find out?" He said.

"Adam, whatever it is, we can sit down and talk about it, like adults, there's no need to throw a fit because of i-"

"Not a word from you!" He yelled, and now, I had enough.

"No, you shut up, Adam. What the hell is wrong with you?" I said exasperated when he raised a brow at me in mocking.

"What the hell is wrong with me? What the fuck is wrong with you? Tell me. Did you have fun today?" He spat when I frowned.

"What do you mean I had fun today?" I asked confused when he scoffed.

"Do you ever get tired of lying? Tell me, did you have fun playing with me? Have you already grown tired of me that you had to run along to other men to fulfil your needs? And to those who betrayed me?" He asked incredulously as my eyes widened.

"The hell are you talking about Adam?"

"Were you, or were you not at George William's house today?" He asked lowly when I gulped.

"I was, but not for what you're implying, it was fo-" I started but he cut me off abruptly.

"Cut the crap. You've been sleeping around with other men behind my back, haven't you?" He asked when I scowled.