Chapter 28: Drunk muscled bunny.

Note: Listen to "Fine" by Taeyeon for a better experience.

Next morning:

Yoon's Pov:

I woke up now, and as the soft rays of sunlight gently filtered through the curtains, I found myself immersed in the memories from the previous night.

Without my will, all I can think about is Jungkook.

I again ignored him after he refused to climb stairs to his room with Jun-woo's help. I still can't get close to him. And I guess that's better for both of us, right?

He didn't say anything, and I won't say anything either.

I stood transfixed, my eyes fixated on the reflective surface of the mirror, as I found myself nestled in the dimly lit corner of dark hallway, steeped in shadows. The upstairs silence seemed to hang heavy in the air, heightening the intensity of the moment.

Even the clothes I wear make me sad because Jungkook bought them for me.

He must really like the black color.

Half of the clothes he bought me are black, and they're really expensive, so I always try to choose the simplest ones because I don't want even for a moment to remember my grandma and how she forced me to wear what befits our name, as she says.

Be is this even simple?...

I scoffed at myself and then I went straight down the stairs towards the main door. And I hear Mrs. Choi's calling for me to at least eat something before I go but I refuse on the excuse that I'm going to eat something outside.

Deep inside I know I'm running away from seeing Jungkook. And I know Ms. Choi is trying really hard to bring us closer.

But how do I explain to her that she'll not be able to fix a fault that she didn't cause?...

How do I explain to her the complexity of my life that Jungkook held more?...

I may be an heiress, a girl blessed with riches because of her rich grandparents, but there's more to finding happiness than material wealth.

I have my own reasons for being an introvert. And it was Jungkook who managed to make me out of my shell.

And when I started to like the idea, he pulled me deeply down without even a single word.

* * *

The car stopped abruptly, which caught my attention.

I wanted to ask Jun-woo why he suddenly stopped like that and if something is wrong, but he oppened the discussion before I can utter my words.