Chapter 61- Poisoned

CHAPTER 61

POISONED

Param leaned against the door, closing his eyes. His brother's pained croons echoed immediately in his ears and his eyes snapped open.

He peeked through the window. Monami was moving around the room, barking orders to the other doctor. He didn't blame him for obeying like a scolded little boy. She was glowering with worry.

Karan was bleeding. Internally. How did he not realize that? Why the hell was he bleeding in the first place? Was he in a fight? Will he be okay?

Monami opened the door, inspecting the file in her hand. Param looked at her expectantly. "Does he take any medicines?" She asked. His eyebrows furrowed. Medicines? He shook his head.

"Bas thodi painkillers", Faizi said. "Jab use chest mein kal subah pain zyaada ho raha tha."

Her face tightened a little. She looked down at the file before up at the three agents. "His blood has a lot of warfarin." Param tilted his head. What was that? "Warfarin ek type ki drug hoti hai. It's used in medicine as an anticoagulant. Matlab, blood ki clotting properties ko kam karne ke liye use hota hai. Par... isko bahut controlled amount mein diya jaata hai and under doctor's guidance. Jitni amount mein Sir ki body mein hai, it's extremely high. Isliye yeh side effects. His body is bleeding at every little injury and woh blood clot nahi kar raha hai. Isliye itne saare aur itne extreme bruises and internal bleeding. And internal bleeding ki wajah se chest pain."

Param slowly nodded, taking in the information. "Will he be okay?"

She paused. "He's stable. I have put him on some coagulants, taaki woh dheere dheere anticoagulants ka effect reverse kare. Internal bleeding multiple sites se ho rahi hai but there is not an extreme injury inside toh isliye wait karte hain. If surgery can be averted, woh hi best hai. Itni anticoagulants blood mein hone ke baad, surgery is a very dangerous option." She leaned closer. "Agar yeh koi bhi type ki medicine nahi lete hain, you should figure out ki inki body mein itna saara warfarin kahan se aaya hai. It's not natural to have this."

"Tum kehna chahti ho ki Karan ko kisi ne drug kara hai?"

"Ek baar nahi. Thode thode amounts mein build up hua hai", she corrected. "Ek baar mein hota, toh the effects would have been immediate aur itna dragged out nahi."

'There is a spy in the academy?'

'Mujhe ek parcel mila tha. Us mein kisi ne uska haath kaatkar mujhe bheja tha. Saath mein, death threat.'

Param's jaw clenched. This was an attack. Someone poisoned his baby brother. Someone tried to kill him. He took a deep breath, closing his eyes. Someone was going to pay with their life.

"Yeh jo drug hogo... yeh kis cheez mein milto hai? Matlab... dawaai ke alaawa bhi kisi tarah se milto hai?" Sanju asked.

"Rat poison", she said.

Param's eyes narrowed. Rat poison. Were they taunting? "Monami, do you think we should move him to the hospital ya tu yahan uska dhyaan rakh sakti hai?"

She looked at him, and her hands tightened around the file. She was uncomfortable around him. He didn't quite care at the moment. "I need some m-medicines", she said. "But agar s-surgery ki zaroorat nahi padhi, toh iss fl-floor par I have all the e-equipment I need."

"Medicines ki list bana, aur Ustaad ji ko de dena. You'll oversee his treatment." She nodded. "Do you need more doctors?" She shook her head. "Good. Tere alaawa, no doctor will see him. Uske andar, jo bhi medicine, jo bhi injection, jo kuchh bhi jaa raha, you should know."