Chapter 1- Ghar Ghar Mein Soldier

CHAPTER 1

GHAR GHAR MEIN SOLDIER

"Kartavyah, sahaas v balidaan. Desh ke khaatir, desh ke naam. Desh ki mitti sar aakhon par. Desh se hai apni pehchaan. Jai Hind."

The quiet murmur from the soldier stopped. His hands clenched into tight fists and he jumped from the stack of boxes he was hunched on, grabbing the man who stood guard. A hand clamped against his mouth tightly, a strong grip restricting his movement.

He gave a sharp twist and the man slumped in his hold. The soldier stepped over his body, walking around the corner. The boots he wore were as silent as him, a dangerously quiet tension following him.

He pressed himself tightly against a box when another guard looked around, burying himself between the boxes. A beat. Then, another. He peeked out. Clear.

His hand clamped against the man's mouth quickly and he gave a sharp twist to his neck.

"Aye!" A loud shout from behind him alerted him.

He twisted his and the man's bodies around. A hand held the dead man up, the other yanking his gun out and pulling the trigger. The bullets rained down on him, some flying past him and some lodging themselves in the corpse shield he was holding up.

His finger pulled the trigger. Again. And again. And again.

Brown eyes scanned the unmoving bodies on the ground. He let go of the corpse. Blood seeped on the ground from their hopefully dead bodies, and he held his gun for a moment longer. He lowered it when no one moved for several seconds.

Lesser than he had expected.

"Special Agent, come in", a voice said in his ear com.

"Go for it", he said in it.

"Hume hostages mil gaye. Par they're all dead. I repeat, hume hostages mil gaye. Par they're all dead."

His jaw clenched. "Copy that", he answered gruffly. "Koi bhi terrorist yahan se bach kar nahi jaana chahiye."

"Copy that."

The soldier walked out of the warehouse several minutes later. The place bustled with activity behind him. Ambulances were parked, taking the dead bodies out and army officials had sealed the area, picking evidences up.

His phone vibrated in his pocket and pulled it out. Colonel Batra.

"Jai Hind, Sir."

"Special Agent Major Karan Shergill, mere paas tumhaare liye ek mission hai."

---x---x---x---x---x---x---x---

"Arey, baby, suno, na", a girl whined.

A man hummed. "Bolo, na, baby." He frowned a little, before rubbing a spot on his gun aggressively.

"Main kya keh rahi thi..." She smiled, tucking a piece of her hair behind her ear. "Tum apni Ammi se humaare baare mein baat kab karoge?"

His head snapped up. "Ammi se? Kyun?"

"Tumhaari Ammi se puchhe bina thodi naa shaadi hogi, baby."

"Shaadi?" He spat out. "Kiski shaadi?"

"Humaari shaadi, of course!"

He blinked. "Humne kya tumhe neend mein propose kar diya?"

"Nahi. Par real life mein karoge, na?"

The man smiled slightly. "Tumhe pata hai? Humaari Ammi kehti hai ki humaari feelings hamesha sahi hoti hain. Humaare andar future ko feel karne ki powers hain. Abhi pata hai hume kya feeling aa rahi hai?"