Chapter 67

Chapter 67

His friend laughed, "Don't you have someone at home now? Who would dare to ask you to parties like that anymore?"

"Even... even if so, there's no need to study instead, right?" Renzi instantly got a pounding headache when he heard the word "study".

"It's not the boring kind study group where everyone has their head bowed over a book. There's still refreshments provided, and we'll have some fun. If not, we'll just go to a library instead, why would we need a function room!" His friend then said, "If you want to join us, just come!"

His friend then sent him the location, as well as letting him know that this event happened every Wednesday and Friday.

Renzi really did not want to study, but he loved being in a crowd, as he hated being alone. Staying at home for a few days, he felt restless, but as he had promised Gu Xiaoshan to "stay out of trouble", he naturally would not go to the karaoke lounge to dance and drown himself in carnal pleasure.

To show his determination, Renzi even burnt his membership cards for all the nightclubs, and posted a video of it on his social media. On it was captioned, "From today onwards, I will leave all low-class interests behind."

Comments included, "President Gu is sure strict, look at what sort of situation is President Ren forced into."

Of course, he was quickly reprimanded by his brother, "You wastrel, you're not burning cards, you're burning money! If you're not using them anymore, you should return them! If they can't be returned, you can transfer them! If dad knows about it, he would definitely beat you to death!"

Being scolded, Renzi's mood fell lower, and he had no enthusiasm for anything.

So, he still ended up going to that study group.

The venue of the study group was in a luxury hotel. The organiser had booked a conference hall, and decorated like a french salon. The furniture was pastel coloured, the curtains heavy and elaborate, the hostess beautiful, and the guests were drinking tea and having discussions in small groups.

When his friend saw him, he was extremely happy, and dragged him to the hostess. The hostess was a famous socialite, but as Renzi was faceblind, he could not recall her name. He could only smile at her, and wait for his friend to make the introductions. The hostess asked, "What books have Mr Yu been reading recently?"

Renzi paused. In his head appeared a pile of adult magazines, which were completely unsuitable for him to ever mention.

Noticing Renzi's awkwardness, his friend hurriedly chimed in. "He's been pretty busy lately, so he probably haven't had time to read. Just nice, he's here to make up for it!"

The hostess too smiled. "Then feel free to look around."

There were clearly more female guests than male, all dressed to the nines, their appearances all gorgeous. Renzi looked around, "Girls really like reading this much?"

His friend replied, "There's a great many girls from rich families who like reading, so you were never able to pursue them successfully."

"Why do I feel that you're insulting me?" Renzi frowned unhappily.

"No..." His friend spread his palms open, "How would I dare?"

Renzi felt like an ugly duckling amongst the swans. Everyone was pure and elegant, while he was unrefined and low-class. Helpless, he could only escape to the buffet table, grabbing two pieces of bread and a pot of tea before moving to a table and started eating. He thought, it would not be nice to just walk off immediately. He should have something first before leaving, in any case, he was a little hungry.