Chapter 60

Chapter 60

"Mn," Gu Xiaoshan gave a couple of dry coughs. "Are there any other reasons why you came looking for me?"

Renzi paused, feeling like he really did come without a reason.

Gu Xiaoshan then said, "Let's go have some food first?"

Renzi thought that this was a good idea, because he was a little hungry too. Having had nothing but porridge and water for a few times, he really missed the taste of meat. Gu Xiaoshan had asked him what he wanted to eat, he did not say anything specific, just that he wanted to "eat meat".

Gu Xiaosan laughed and named a BBQ restaurant, asking him how he felt about it.

Without thinking much, Renzi agreed. A while later, as he watched the car move down the street, he then realised, "It's now the after work peak congestion period right? We don't have to go so far, can't we just go to Restaurant X like you normally do?"

Gu Xiaoshan was surprised.

He did not want to go to Restaurant X, as it was really too convenient, and so his dinners with his past lovers were often settled there. The last time, he had let He Jun take an hour's car ride to come to Restaurant X, and they even bumped into Renzi.

So Gu Xiaoshan had avoided it on purpose.

"Let's not." Gu Xiaoshan explained, "I heard a pretty good restaurant opened there, so I wanted to bring you there to try."

Renzi did not think much about it, and agreed.

Actually, when Renzi had came looking for him so quickly, Gu Xiaoshan was also not prepared. He had thought that their first date should be planned properly, but did not expect Renzi to be so perfunctory about it. He had also thought that Renzi would needed more time to digest this reality as well as feel conflicted about it, but who would have thought that Renzi was not interested in that, and straight away came to his office to ask if they were actually dating, and even started the "Husband-to-be".

Sigh. Gu Xiaoshan really did not know what he should say.

It was currently 6.30pm on a Friday, everyone could imagine how bad the jam on the roads were.

Gu Xiaoshan pressed his horn a little impatiently.

This rather surprised Renzi. In his memories, Gu Xiaoshan rarely revealed his annoyance, and even in a heavy congestion, he would never get road rage.

Renzi so asked, "You really want to eat at that BBQ restaurant huh?"

Gu Xiaoshan was a little taken aback, "Hmm?"

"I feel that you're a little more irritable than normal." Renzi mentioned his own suspicious, "Are you very hungry now?"

Gu Xiaoshan was a little helpless, and smiled. "What about you? Are you hungry?"

"I'm still ok." Renzi was actually rather hungry, but there was love to keep him full. He still placed the most importance on Gu Xiaoshan's mood, and so picked up his phone to look at the traffic condition nearby. Finding the road with the least amount of traffic, he then suggested, "If you don't really have to eat at that BBQ restaurant today, we can just go to Jichan Estate?"

Jichan Estate...

Eight out of ten of Gu Xiaoshan's lovers had met Renzi there for the first time. Jichan Estate was a luxurious and private place, as well as being under the Gu Empire. Gu Xiaoshan would usually invite his closer business partners or friends to meet there, and if he happened to have a long-term lover, he would also often choose to announce it there to his friends.