Chapter 61

Chapter 61

The meal could be said to have been enjoyed safely and tranquilly.

Gu Xiaoshan remembered that Old Mister Gu had criticised Renzi for his rich dating history, and that it made people worry. However Gu Xiaoshan himself was not much better, with his track record. Now that the two of them were together, it was "two negatives coming together to become a positive".

Actually, towards Renzi having dated many girls in the past, Gu Xiaoshan had to admit that he was bothered by it. However, since he had decided to be with him, he felt that he need not think too much about it, as time moved forward, not backwards.

He would just think positively, that on some level, Renzi and him were each other's "first love"! Whatever exes and others, they did not exist. Renzi himself did not remember how many exes he had, and it would be fine if he did not remember too.

Renzi seemed to have got over this conflict. Eating meat for the first time after a few days of porridge, he was also quite happy.

Gu Xiaoshan was nearly done eating, while Renzi was still stuffing himself. Gu Xiaoshan had to remind him, "You're eating too much."

Renzi said unhappily, "I've just started dating you, and you're not willing to let me fill my stomach already?"

With such an accusation, Gu Xiaoshan had no choice but to admit he was wrong. "No, no, I didn't, why would I do that? I'm just afraid that your stomach would feel uncomfortable."

Renzi just continued eating his meat. Gu Xiaoshan stood up and headed outside for a smoke.

Outside the restaurant was a floating pavilion, and with the evening breeze, it was quite comfortable sitting there in the summer night. Gu Xiaoshan sat there for a smoke, and just as he lit his cigarette, he heard someone call out to him. "Is that President Gu?"

When Gu Xiaoshan heard this voice, he did not need to look at him to know who he was - it was President Goo, the one who joked with He Jun saying that "Yu Yunren was Gu Xiaoshan's most beloved man". When Gu Xiaoshan remembered this, he swore silently. Fuck, this rabble of a friend had hit the nail on the target.

Old Goo laughed. "I saw you and your beloved going in together, and wanted to call out to you, but you guys headed straight into a private room. I happened to have a client with me, so I didn't go looking for you. Who would have guess that we'll bump into each other here." Old Goo too pulled out his cigarette from his pocket and lit it.

Gu Xiaoshan smiled. It was fine in the past, but today, hearing Old Goo playfully calling Renzi his "beloved", his heart uselessly started pounding. He then inhaled on his cigarette to calm himself down. "Sure, welcome President Goo to this place. Please spend more money here!"

"Ah, why don't I go to your room and greet your beloved too?" Old Goo said.

Gu Xiaoshan laughed. "We'll need to finish our cigarettes before we go then."

Old Goo asked, "Yu Yunren really doesn't smoke?"

Gu Xiaoshan nodded. "He doesn't."

"That's pretty healthy of him." Old Goo smoked as he judged, "I heard you had a blind date with Shu Jingyi."

"Where did you hear that from?" Gu Xiaoshan squinted his eyes in a smile through the smoke. "There's no base to this, and you guys actually believe it?"

"Sure, that means it wasn't successful." Old Goo laughed.

When they were done smoking, they walked back to the room together.